Anybody listen to local show at 1:00 today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anybody listen to local show at 1:00 today

This dude Sal just said if Robert Washington is really considering coming to Syracuse that he would call him and tell him not to ruin his life. That's a LOCAL sports show guy? Wow.

Tell his employer how you feel. When I read this, I turned off channel 9 news and turned to cnycentral.

E-mail: Comments@LocalSYR.com

Merciless gangs ride across the barren post-apocalyptic landscape, all hope seems lost but for one man...Scott Charles, the Road Warrior

Uh... OK... I guess it is still Friday Happy Hour...:oops:

Hey Robert come to Syracuse and ruin Sal's life...please. chuckle chuckle..... heard he is going to a ...... ...

His hair weave is funky fresh:

Story.jpg
Now that is a face that just screams "guuuuuuhhhhhh..."

Or I should say, it's a face that DROOLS "guuuuuhhhhh..."

He got you worked up and talking about him and his show on this website. He did his job. You bought it hook, line, and sinker.

So a local guy publicly encourages a prize recruit - a kid who could make a difference - not to come to Syracuse.

And you think that's a good thing?

And the test for you is whether the guy got the attention he wanted to get? That makes it okay?

So, if a guy wanted the attention of the public and decided to take a crap in the middle of Route 690 East at 4 pm - and got lots of attention from drivers, the police and the media - that would be a good thing because he accomplished what he wanted to accomplish?

Isn't getting attention for doing positive things or providing helpful or enlightening information - constructive actions - what we are looking to see?

A guy who relies on this kind of nonsense to get attention is probably not going to last very long. You get meaningful attention - attention that lasts - when you offer something that has value or provides true insight.

Once again, I hate to say it - sorry - but you seem to applaud situations that hurt the SU Football Program or that put it in a negative light.

I really don't get it.

I spent four years at SU and have no idea who this guy is. I don't worry about him affecting recruiting too much

So a local guy publicly encourages a prize recruit - a kid who could make a difference - not to come to Syracuse.

And you think that's a good thing?
Where did I say it was a good thing? I never said it!! The radio host was trying to be "shocking" and trying to get attention for his show and it worked. And the person who started the thread gave him what he wanted. So he will continue to do so. Never once did I say it was a good thing.

IGNORING him and not starting threads like this ...that is a good thing. Which was the point which not shockingly went over your head

a university and it's extended community is like a family and like many families there is dysfunction. Many families have a strange uncle harry (if you are reading this and your name is harry; it's not about you, I hope)
No one in the family speaks about his off-putting behavior yet, each in their own ways avoids him.
Then we have the fan site where strange uncle harry is in his domain and he is allowed to rant
Now you attempt to invite guests to visit and join your family (recruits) and guess whose at the table?
Fortunately, Syracuse Fan has a good mix; some you want to expose your guest to and one's you wish would go on an extended vacation.

crazy_uncle.jpg

I spent four years at SU and have no idea who this guy is. I don't worry about him affecting recruiting too much

He's a sports reporter for Channel 9 WSYR, the ABC affiliate in Syracuse--watched him many times and always thought he did a pretty good job. There is also an associated AM radio station with the same call letters, but from noon to 3 on weekdays, they broadcast (*gag*:vomit: barf!) Flush Limbaugh, so I don't see where Sal could have gotten a word in during the time period that the original poster mentioned.

I still would like to hear or read what exactly he had to say. Could it have been taken out of context?

Sal definitely has a face made for radio. And a brain made for the trash bin

This dude Sal just said if Robert Washington is really considering coming to Syracuse that he would call him and tell him not to ruin his life. That's a LOCAL sports show guy? Wow.
why even post this.....your just making his dumb words get more pub than it needs to be.

you did exactly what he wanted you to do...

Scumbag. Not much else to say, except when someone posted his pic, douchebag came to mind too.

I did not hear what he said. It sounds like he was being hyperbolic. If the question is why would a top recruit choose Syracuse, then I don't think it is an unfair one.

I did not hear what he said. It sounds like he was being hyperbolic. If the question is why would a top recruit choose Syracuse, then I don't think it is an unfair one.

There's a difference between asking why he would choose SU over Bama, UF, Michigan, etc...that's a valid question...and saying he'd be throwing his life away. We've had multiple first round picks in the last few years. Clearly Syracuse isn't some hole from which no top football talent can develop.

Uh... OK... I guess it is still Friday Happy Hour...:oops:
I have absolutely no idea how that got posted it was a facebook quote from my oldest son......my apologies

SU is an oustanding academic institution with a proud football tradition, he can go pound salt.

How do you not hear something and then tell us what it sounds like? Does that make any sense whatsoever?

Dcuse said:
How do you not hear something and then tell us what it sounds like? Does that make any sense whatsoever?
ha ha; I was stating my interpretation of the quote without the benefit of context.

Now that is a face that just screams "guuuuuuhhhhhh..."

Or I should say, it's a face that DROOLS "guuuuuhhhhh..."
He seems to have that Marv over bite as well

ha ha; I was stating my interpretation of the quote without the benefit of context.
Yes,well that's very nice but most of us here are SU fans who would like to see the program succeed. Maybe you and Sal can get a cup of coffee together.

Dcuse said:
Yes,well that's very nice but most of us here are SU fans who would like to see the program succeed. Maybe you and Sal can get a cup of coffee together.
Yes, I clearly don't want the team to succeed because I think it is fair for the media to be critical of the program and I do not believe silly hyperbole from a weekend radio guy will cost the program recruits.

Yes, I clearly don't want the team to succeed because I think it is fair for the media to be critical of the program and I do not believe silly hyperbole from a weekend radio guy will cost the program recruits.

Ok so telling a prized recruit not to come to SU because it will ruin him is an acceptable method of being "critical" of the program? One that has had several players get drafted even during their lean years and in the last 5 seasons a couple players go in the first round. Sorry that is ridiculous. Its one thing to call out coaches or pick on the athletic department for their amateur hour retirement ceremonies but please this is not being critical ... its like acting like a petulant child to get clicks and hits. He is using Washington's name to get attention that is it.

wfschrec said:
He is using Washington's name to get attention that is it.
Stop giving him attention. Most media personalities do not meet my standard of "acceptable," so I choose to ignore them. I prefer evidence based argument to emotion-driven hyperbole so there are not many options out there for me. I do believe that the words of a weekend radio guy are of no significance to the football program.

Haters like Sal and Bud are detrimental to everything Syracuse Football. Don't waste a moment of your life reading or watching their dribble!

When I am laid off I have the sports shows on over the clear channel stations,but this clown was doing is to drive the station ratings.

I would be spending more time in rehab than Jonny manziel if I was to post everything negative about Syracuse because there is more passionate fans out there than some would think. They do it to clog up the phone lines and this does happen at most local sports stations across the country

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom