Anybody want to try an experimental fantasy football league? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody want to try an experimental fantasy football league?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I've got this idea for what I'm calling a "bully's league." It's a standard league, but the twist is that each week's set of winners proposes a trade to the opponent they beat, for any one player of their own not on the can't cut list, for any one player of the loser's team not on the can't cut list.

The idea being that teams are in semi-flux all season long, with the choice of how that happens falling to the victors each week. This puts a premium on drafting well so you start the season with wins that will advantage you all season long, but also forces the team owners to make smart personnel decisions throughout the season when they win.

Who wants in?

I've got this idea for what I'm calling a "bully's league." It's a standard league, but the twist is that each week's set of winners proposes a trade to the opponent they beat, for any one player of their own not on the can't cut list, for any one player of the loser's team not on the can't cut list.

The idea being that teams are in semi-flux all season long, with the choice of how that happens falling to the victors each week. This puts a premium on drafting well so you start the season with wins that will advantage you all season long, but also forces the team owners to make smart personnel decisions throughout the season when they win.

Who wants in?

When you say they propose a trade, I assume that means the loser has to accept, right?
I've heard ideas like this, and I am definitely in.

When you say they propose a trade, I assume that means the loser has to accept, right?
I've heard ideas like this, and I am definitely in.
Yup, loser takes the deal.

Yup, loser takes the deal.

Would it be worth modifying to say you need to offer a player you started that week? maybe not? i guess you could just offer your kicker every week

Would it be worth modifying to say you need to offer a player you started that week? maybe not? i guess you could just offer your kicker every week
I like the idea of it having to be players that started that week. Could get in to some interesting gamesmanship. I actually kind of like the idea of someone being able to dump their kicker every week if they want - they'd still need a kicker and would then have to dump a skill player or defense.

I like the idea of it having to be players that started that week. Could get in to some interesting gamesmanship. I actually kind of like the idea of someone being able to dump their kicker every week if they want - they'd still need a kicker and would then have to dump a skill player or defense.

Ive never been in a league like this before, so I'm just thinking maybe the teams that win the first week or two might have such a huge advantage, that at least if you need to send back someone you started, that would mitigate it somewhat. Just a thought.

Who wants in?

Interesting. I'd be game.

I would be interested in a standard league with entry fees and pay per transaction and losses.

I would be interested in a standard league with entry fees and pay per transaction and losses.
Well... that's boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom