Anyone else feel we are getting a verbal this weekend? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feel we are getting a verbal this weekend?

Thompsons a nice player, but it would be awesome if Green pulled the trigger as well this weekend.

I would be happy with Thompson and Green
but we absolutely need a legit big in the 2016 moyer and battles class as well.
chuckwu could be one and done nba and dajaun and obokoh both graduate.
We would be left with 2 freshmen bigs in 2017 if chuckwu is one and done.

Chukwu will still be here. Thompson is a '16 recruit and (assuming we land him) will be a sophomore (or RS freshman I suppose) in '17 and should be at least serviceable as a backup by then.

Chukwu will still be here. Thompson is a '16 recruit and (assuming we land him) will be a sophomore (or RS freshman I suppose) in '17 and should be at least serviceable as a backup by then.
Thanks I didn't realize he was 016 :)
I really like his game and aggressiveness alot. Must get :)

Last edited:
Chukwu's not going anywhere. He averaged, like 3 ppg, at Providence. Bigs take forever.

Any sightings of the recruits at the game today or around campus/town?

The recruits got treated to a show today--exciting game against a top 10 team [versus a blowout, lackluster performance] in front of a raucous nearly full Dome. Almost best case scenario.

Would love to get THREE commitments after this weekend.

The recruits got treated to a show today--exciting game against a top 10 team [versus a blowout, lackluster performance] in front of a raucous nearly full Dome. Almost best case scenario.

Would love to get THREE commitments after this weekend.
I think if we get two, we could get all three...just a matter of if we'd take that third verbal. I have a feeling Cosby-Roundtree could be more of a backup plan at this point.

I think if we get two, we could get all three...just a matter of if we'd take that third verbal. I have a feeling Cosby-Roundtree could be more of a backup plan at this point.

We shall see. I want Nick Richards [or maybe Bamba]. But I have a feeling that C-R isn't a plan B, but rather a guy who could legitimately be a top 30 type of recruit.

We shall see. I want Nick Richards [or maybe Bamba]. But I have a feeling that C-R isn't a plan B, but rather a guy who could legitimately be a top 30 type of recruit.
Possibly. He's still very thin, and very raw. But he shows some flashes. Watched one of NG's games on YouTube recently, he had a terrific sequence when he blocked a shot, collected the rebound, and then pushed the ball up the floor himself and delivered a perfect bounce pass to Green for a reverse layup. I'm guessing that's the kind of sequence that got JB and Hop excited about him in the first place.

Possibly. He's still very thin, and very raw. But he shows some flashes. Watched one of NG's games on YouTube recently, he had a terrific sequence when he blocked a shot, collected the rebound, and then pushed the ball up the floor himself and delivered a perfect bounce pass to Green for a reverse layup. I'm guessing that's the kind of sequence that got JB and Hop excited about him in the first place.

I saw somebody compare Cosby-Roundtree to Keon Clarke. I get that he's onlly 6-8 to Clarke's 6-10, but if that's his upside...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom