Anyone else sick of Michael Kay? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else sick of Michael Kay?

CaliCuse

All American
A Yankee announcer who is content to trash Ellsbury and Gardner for their poor product after the All-Star break Everyone knows what happen and didn't happen but he is tied to the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he was replaced. All the other announcers and "color"guys are terrific.Its funny that no one has looked at Headley's numbers and said this isn't what we want at this power position in terms of offense. On defense Chase is still a cringe and hope third baseman.

A Yankee announcer who is content to trash Ellsbury and Gardner for their poor product after the All-Star break Everyone knows what happen and didn't happen but he is tied to the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he was replaced. All the other announcers and "color"guys are terrific.Its funny that no one has looked at Headley's numbers and said this isn't what we want at this power position in terms of offense. On defense Chase is still a cringe and hope third baseman.
I guess you can put Kay on the list of things to be sick of, but there were plenty on display last night (or since the all-star break).

Kay isn't getting paid to blow sunshine up everyone's skirt.

It's his job to be honest. And he's not saying anything different than anyone else in the media.

Kay has never risen above a 4 on my 1-10 scale.

YES employs far too many TV voices, IMO. I enjoy Singleton, Cone, Leiter, and on the rare occasion he is in the the booth, Lorenz. The rest grate on my nerves and I would be happy to never hear them again.

Last edited:
Kay isn't getting paid to blow sunshine up everyone's skirt.

It's his job to be honest. And he's not saying anything different than anyone else in the media.
Not suggesting anything like that. Pandering to the fan base in the big city is pointless. They know more about the game than he ever will

there's nothing better than Kay and Paul O'Neill in the booth. The truth is painful but the team has sucked since Aug. Last night was thankfully the last reminder of how much they sucked, can't blame Kay for pointing it out. And I'm a diehard by the way before everyone thinks about getting all up in my business.

Kay has been getting increasingly annoying over the years... It seemed to coincide with him starting that radio show. Criticizing Gardner is fair though, his stats, and never-ending post all-star break collapses, SCREAM off-season steroid user.

I would take Kay over the always horrible Suzyn Waldman in the radio booth

br801 said:
YES employs far too many TV voices, IMO. I enjoy Singleton, Cone, Leiter, and on the rare occasion he is in the the booth, Lorenz. The rest grate on my nerves and I would be happy to never hear them again.

When they have the mid west trip that Kay doesn't want to go on, it's my favorite run on Yankee games on tv