Class of 2014 - Anyone on this transfer list catch your eye? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Anyone on this transfer list catch your eye?

Cuse needs a 5th year player or a Kristof Ongeanet type...just a role player to play 6th to 7th in rotation

For guards I go Carlino 1, Chiles 2.

For bigs maybe Darius Leonard, M.J. Rhett could be interesting but looks like we'd be late getting on him.

Like with all the youth and availability, how can we not be considering this??? Seems crazy! Promise nothing but an opportunity! Force our young guys to work for it.

Renting a xfr takes away games of experience from the recruits the staff really wanted in the first place. I get the whole " insurance" thing, but would rather see my 3 sons get some burn. Enjoy next year for every W they can manage and strap in for 2015/2016 @ 2016/2017!!

Hopkins and JB should be on a plane on there way to Cali, would be a great plug and play. Established college scorer with heighth on the zone, would allow so much flexibility with lineup. Would not screw up or effect 2015 recruiting. If he is indeed graduating does not look like their are any red flags besides new coach and frustration on loosing.

Syracuse needs a bonifide scorer, 17 PPG in pac 10 and a guy who can break down a D. With Fair and Ennis gone their is no one who can breakdown a man defense 1 on 1 unless one of the freshman come in and are able.

Also it does not hurt you in anyway in recruiting as he is a one and done, can play this season, and if he is willing to come to snowy Syracuse you sell him on Joseph, Waiters, and Southerland meaning 3 players who played 6 man for SU and made it to the Pros. We could use a scoring threat off the bench. I think next years team will be really good defensivelly but will have all kinds of trouble scoring unless McC is able to score.

Also it does not hurt you in anyway in recruiting as he is a one and done, can play this season, and if he is willing to come to snowy Syracuse you sell him on Joseph, Waiters, and Southerland meaning 3 players who played 6 man for SU and made it to the Pros. We could use a scoring threat off the bench. I think next years team will be really good defensivelly but will have all kinds of trouble scoring unless McC is able to score.

Not necessarily. I get why people make that assertion on paper, but we should wait and see before making that proclamation.

Not necessarily. I get why people make that assertion on paper, but we should wait and see before making that proclamation.
I agree totally someone will step up but you can never have enough tallent, I like to have a rich mans problem.

Hopkins and JB should be on a plane on there way to Cali, would be a great plug and play. Established college scorer with heighth on the zone, would allow so much flexibility with lineup. Would not screw up or effect 2015 recruiting. If he is indeed graduating does not look like their are any red flags besides new coach and frustration on loosing.
Wesley would be great for SU and could be a star in our system. I'd looooove to add him, but I doubt we would go after him.

RF2044 said:
Right. I could totally see Roberson go from basically nothing to 15ppg. He has that ability.

I wouldn't bet on SU taking a transfer. In a thread on the BB board, Hop was asked that question and said they weren't planning on it, they expect players to step up this year. And don't sleep on Roberson. I expect big things from him this year. I wouldn't put $$ on 15, but I could see 10-12 as a possibility. If nothing else, I am hopeful that he will be a beast on the boards.

I believe you are probably correct which tells me they probably know they have Diagne, Bryant, or Jones locked up and are just waiting which is good news. My gut tells me they probably feel good about two of them because if you are correct and Robertson or McC go off next year and SU is in top 20 who ever goes off will go to the draft. There are some guys are there with some tallent though.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...talked-to-bearcats-ncaa-basketball-tournament

I know we really looked at this kid, any chance they give him a call, I know its probaly a matter of room, but another big that seems to need a change of scenery.
mr_glass_unbreakable_h.jpg

You could say that about Coleman also. Staff has never been afriad of a kid with injuries in the past, IE Fair and Howard.

You could say that about Coleman also. Staff has never been afriad of a kid with injuries in the past, IE Fair and Howard.
Bad examples imo. DC2 never had injury problems until midway into his freshman year at SU. CJ had his ACL injury during his Junior year in HS and once he came back he never missed a game in HS and college. Same with Triche, who had his ACL injury during his Sophomore year in HS and never missed games once he returned and played through all kinds of injuries. Howard has just returned and we'll see how that will play out but so far he hasn't had any setbacks. Ya boy Lawrence has missed plenty of games for various injuries over the years. Arms, shoulder, wrist, ankle, and even his toe likecomeonson.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom