Class of 2014 - Anyone on this transfer list catch your eye? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Anyone on this transfer list catch your eye?

Not sure they are bad examples, and not sure we should even give that kid a look, as there probably will not be room, just thought he was interesting as they were hot on him at one time. My guess is he ends up at St Johns and back in NYC. I would take any of the four recruits left before him if I was the decision maker. Lawrence is not my boy.

Bad examples imo. DC2 never had injury problems until midway into his freshman year at SU. CJ had his ACL injury during his Junior year in HS and once he came back he never missed a game in HS and college. Same with Triche, who had his ACL injury during his Sophomore year in HS and never missed games once he returned and played through all kinds of injuries. Howard has just returned and we'll see how that will play out but so far he hasn't had any setbacks. Ya boy Lawrence has missed plenty of games for various injuries over the years. Arms, shoulder, wrist, ankle, and even his toe likeView attachment 12932
He's had it rough. ;)
DR-BNA-Nail-Repair.jpg

Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoop · 3h
Cincinnati transfer Jermaine Lawrence - who has his release - will visit Hofstra today, a source confirmed.

Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoop · 3h
Cincinnati transfer Jermaine Lawrence - who has his release - will visit Hofstra today, a source confirmed.
Big boy pants at Hofstra? Match made in heaven.
:rolling:

Big boy pants at Hofstra? Match made in heaven.
:rolling:
All jokes aside, from what I read he's dealing with a personal family issue and needs to find a place within the NY area. So he could just be looking for the best local option whether it's a mid-high major school.

All jokes aside, from what I read he's dealing with a personal family issue and needs to find a place within the NY area. So he could just be looking for the best local option whether it's a mid-high major school.
That's understandable. Hope he finds a good fit. Surprised not the Johnnies after all is said and done.

I have to think that would be disappointing for Lavin if he couldn't get him recruiting against a couple MAAC schools and Hostra unless I'm missing something - which is entire possible
I think what will probably work to the MAAC schools and Hofstra advantage is that he can go there and start and put up crazy numbers. While at SJU, nothing will be guaranteed and he could find himself just being a role player off the bench.

Zach Braziller‏@NYPost_Brazille 34m
Both sides agreed it wasn't the right fit, between Jermaine Lawrence and St. John's.

To be honest both Manhattan and Iona have made the tourney more recently than SJU, so can we really call that a downgrade? Me thinks not lol. I wonder if our SJU friend will pop up once again for a visit round here.

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN 38m
Niagara guard Antoine Mason and his 25.6 points per game are transferring elsewhere for his final season. Should be in demand.

Doubt we'll go after him but geez getting another scorer at the guard position to help out Joseph couldn't hurt right?

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN 38m
Niagara guard Antoine Mason and his 25.6 points per game are transferring elsewhere for his final season. Should be in demand.

Doubt we'll go after him but geez getting another scorer at the guard position to help out Joseph couldn't hurt right?

So Mason can't go to any MAAC schools, or anyone on Niagara's schedule (St. John's included). Will be interesting to see where he lands. Either he wants to be the man at a different school or bigger school and be a role player.

So Mason can't go to any MAAC schools, or anyone on Niagara's schedule (St. John's included). Will be interesting to see where he lands. Either he wants to be the man at a different school or bigger school and be a role player.
Being a Yukon hater it pains me to say that this kid seems like the perfect replacement for Napier to join Boatright in the backcourt. Will be interesting to see if Ollie will show any interest.

Never saw him play but he's a 29% 3pt shooter, which wouldn't be an upgrade. But if he can get to the rim and score, it wouldn't hurt, given our short roster next year. Might also allow G to play more in the frontcourt where we're likely to have no depth.

Being a Yukon hater it pains me to say that this kid seems like the perfect replacement for Napier to join Boatright in the backcourt. Will be interesting to see if Ollie will show any interest.

You could be on to something... If not UConn, could see Providence get in the mix. They need backcourt help bad.

Manhattan is the choice for Lawrence. If he gets the waiver and they bring back a good piece of their core from this past season that should've beat Louisville in the tourney, then I can see them making some noise again next season.

Manhattan is the choice for Lawrence. If he gets the waiver and they bring back a good piece of their core from this past season that should've beat Louisville in the tourney, then I can see them making some noise again next season.

I just hope Coach Masiello is studying hard. He has a degree to earn.

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN 2h
Niagara transfer @antoine_mason has his release, has been bombarded by schools. Cincy, Okl St, Seton Hall, St. John's, Prov, Auburn (cont'd)

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN 2h
.@Antoine_Mason also heard from Wake, Maryland, Mizzou, Texas A&M, Memphis, LSU, Tenn, Oregon, Va Tech, BC, UCLA, Nevada, Fordham.

As expected no interest from SU. I'm surprised no Yukon or Iowa St on the list though. Good call on Providence SUFan44.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom