Anyone want an SU National Championship ring? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone want an SU National Championship ring?

That's pretty cool. Too bad I don't have money like that to get it.

I have no problem with them getting rid of some of the stuff, but not all of it. Such an abundance loses some meaning at a certain point. But I do hope they each children keeps at least a couple key items for themselves. That is all you need for memories.

Last edited:
That's kind of sad. I don't know their motivations, so I won't comment on that, but you'd like to believe the memorabilia should be with his family.

I hope SU buys some of it, maybe even JB. Some of that stuff belongs in the Melo Center's halls...

That's kind of sad. I don't know their motivations, so I won't comment on that, but you'd like to believe the memorabilia should be with his family.

I hope SU buys some of it, maybe even JB. Some of that stuff belongs in the Melo Center's halls...

I really hope so.

That's great insight by Dave into life. Too much stuff. He's basically JB...

He really should keep a couple of those things.

Who would want any of those items other than the NC and All-Star rings?

I swear to god if the closing process on selling my house go through before this auction ends, I'll end up getting drunk and trying to buy the national championship ring. Sure I have debts to pay, but drunk troop doesnt care about that.

I think it would be very weird to have another dude's high school trophy on your desk.

another dude's, yes.

But not your grandfathers. No way I would sell that - especially because none of it is worth much (like you said). I would have to be really destitute to sell awesome family memorabilia like that for $20K-ish total. That money could help, but its not life changing unless you are homeless.

ironically, the only 1 I would sell in a heartbeat is the Cuse national Championship ring since Grandpa had nothing to do with that season.

another dude's, yes.

But not your grandfathers. No way I would sell that - especially because none of it is worth much (like you said). I would have to be really destitute to sell awesome family memorabilia like that for $20K-ish total. That money could help, but its not life changing unless you are homeless.

ironically, the only 1 I would sell in a heartbeat is the Cuse national Championship ring since Grandpa had nothing to do with that season.
Should have clarified - I was thinking from the point of view of a random person potentially bidding on one of his AAU trophies - that's weird to me. If he was my grandfather, I'd keep all of these items.

I think it would be very weird to have another dude's high school trophy on your desk.

I never understood why anyone would want someone's championship ring, what do you tell people. "Ya I was the 2nd leading scorer on that team."

I never understood why anyone would want someone's championship ring, what do you tell people. "Ya I was the 2nd leading scorer on that team."
I don't want someone elses ring, but I want the New York Football Giants to send me 2, 1 for XLII and 1 for XLVI.

I helped pay somebodys damn salary who got 1.

I Fn deserve 1 too...

I don't want someone elses ring, but I want the New York Football Giants to send me 2, 1 for XLII and 1 for XLVI.

I helped pay somebodys damn salary who got 1.

I Fn deserve 1 too...

Thoughts on Apple?

Thoughts on Apple?
on the OT board with this pretty deep, but to sum...im ok with the player.

upset with the Giants for being caught flat footed and missing out on Conklin & Floyd...and not finding a way to drop back and gain another pick somewhere.

tonight is big.