Apparentley Yanks will sig Headley for four years and 50 Mill | Syracusefan.com

Apparentley Yanks will sig Headley for four years and 50 Mill

CaliCuse

All American
Another mistake that ponds the young Yankees into submission. Refsynder and Perila won't be at second base with Prado there. Headley will need to pass his physical before being overpaid by Cashman. I would have used all of that money towards signing Scherzer. Steinbrenner boys are bonafied whimps compared to their father. Cashman would have been sent packing long ago for his overspending when its not necessary.

Another mistake that ponds the young Yankees into submission. Refsynder and Perila won't be at second base with Prado there. Headley will need to pass his physical before being overpaid by Cashman. I would have used all of that money towards signing Scherzer. Steinbrenner boys are bonafied whimps compared to their father. Cashman would have been sent packing long ago for his overspending when its not necessary.
Don't worry. Headley will be at first base after Tex goes down, moving Prado to 3rd and giving Ref's his opportunity at 2nd.

Not sure this eliminates Sherzer, despite what Cashman is saying.

What makes you think they wont still sign Scherzer, also there are deals made that are not Cashman's call. Headley signing is fine, the Yankees have been looking for a starting 3B for 2 years now. His presence gives the Yanks a solid IF with some versatility especially if Pirela or Refsnyder are called up at some point.

Hard to believe that a guy who hit - a combined .243 last season with 13 home runs and 49 RBIs, gets 13 mil a year. Then again - its the Yankees. I'm all for players getting as much as they can. The only thing I don't like about it is that a significant portion is subsidized by taxpayers in the form of baseball stadium subsidizes.

Oakland said:
Hard to believe that a guy who hit - a combined .243 last season with 13 home runs and 49 RBIs, gets 13 mil a year. Then again - its the Yankees. I'm all for players getting as much as they can. The only thing I don't like about it is that a significant portion is subsidized by taxpayers in the form of baseball stadium subsidizes.
It's subsidized by subsidies? Weird! ;)

I agree that subsidizing these fat contracts are the fans and we don't get our moneys worth from these bozos. Headley shows a very good glove but that much better than Prado's As for second base Pirela might have the best glove of them all there. When you can field a grounder on the SS side of second base and throw a strike to 1st base and nail the runner ,THATS showing me something. Lets see what a kid like Refsynder can do this spring. This kid started off as an outfielder so maybe he can be used as an alternate at both positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom