Appears lane to houston | Syracusefan.com

Appears lane to houston

Not a shocker. I think he was the front runner for some time.

Great hire for UH. Surprised to see the reaction on this board considering he's never had a losing season in college, and how many people on this board wanted us to hire Eddie Orgeron, who has never had a winning season where he wasn't an interim coach.

Joey Freshwater sightings will be in full swing in Houston soon I'm sure.

The problem with him is that he was a HC at two schools too early in his career. He's finally at a G5 school.

Yeah, that's a pretty nice recovery from losing Herman. Could be a nice fit for both program and coach. I'm a believer in Lane.

Great hire for UH. Surprised to see the reaction on this board considering he's never had a losing season in college, and how many people on this board wanted us to hire Eddie Orgeron, who has never had a winning season where he wasn't an interim coach.
I agree. The guy can be a douche sometimes, but he has a great offensive mind, experience being a head NFL and college coach. He underachieved. Did he learn from his mistakes? Thats a good hire for them IMO.

The DT they have Oliver will make Mr. Kiffins job that much easier. Kid was a stud against Louisville. Literally unblockable.

its not really a "great" hire either. could it be good? sure. but i'm pretty sure a newborn could call the plays for Alabama this year and it'd still crush everyone in its path. also, the winning season is a bit misleading. he spent one year at Tennessee and then went to usc. despite usc being sanctioned heavily, the glory days of pete carroll lasted into kiffin's tenure. not impressed by his body of work there. he's widely unproven as a HC and a LEADER, more specifically. but hey, at least they didn't hire chris ash...

Last edited:
We'll see how long Houston takes to disintegrate.
Not long. With Lane's history of recruiting problems, stability and general entitlement, Houston will go from a P5 gonna-be to a P5 wanna-be fairly quick. Lane may be good as a coordinator but as a HC he has a lot yet to prove.

It may have more to do with the clean up after he leaves than the on-field performance. That's why I am not a fan of this hire, well, that and I have family attending UH.

There's a reason why Tennessee fans were so angry when he left.

It's not because he sucked at his job.

Well he never sticks around in one spot which is why i'm surprised by the hire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom