Arciniega granted 2 more years of eligibility | Syracusefan.com

Arciniega granted 2 more years of eligibility

2010: Frosh at Nevada, never played due to concussion he suffered in HS.

2011: Enrolled at Nevada, but not on football Team.

2012: JUCO

2013: Syracuse

2014: Syracuse, only played 4 games due to injury.

I'm guessing that since his career never really started until 2012, that's when the NCAA decided to start his 5 year window.

Last edited:
I think im most glad about him not wasting valuable Reps on the D line

Two, eh? Any way he can lend one to Raymon? Methinks the NCAA owes him.

rrlbees said:
2? Wow, that's great news.
it really is. I believe he will be a key part of the defense for the next 2 years, a real force pass rushing from the DE position.

Props to the NCAA for making a decision based on common sense and compassion. It is refreshing to see...

Awesome news, it's great to have a kid that mature on the team for 2 more years. And I agree, I think he will be a difference maker at DE for us, even if it is just giving quality depth on the 2 deep.

Feel great for him. Nice job by the NCAA. I believe that he is going to be a big contributor on specials and at the DE position kid is a beast with an amazing motor

Who else might be eligible down the road for a medical redshirt? Wayne Morgan, Rodney Williams? What about Broyld and Estime?

Props to the NCAA for making a decision based on common sense and compassion. It is refreshing to see...

Now, if they could just let those qualities bleed over to the hoops side.

Who else might be eligible down the road for a medical redshirt? Wayne Morgan, Rodney Williams? What about Broyld and Estime?
Both Morgan and R Williams played as true freshmen, but played in less than 30% of games in a season in which they were hurt. They don't need a waiver. That's for 6th year guys.

Both Morgan and R Williams played as true freshmen, but played in less than 30% of games in a season in which they were hurt. They don't need a waiver. That's for 6th year guys.
True. But if they happen to get injured again and miss another year they should be eligible for a 6th year because their initial redshirt year was due to injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom