back -or- blip

• back

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • blip

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

Shark58

BANNED
the last 2 wins have been fun, and unexpected given the season we were/are having.

you this this is the beginning of us being back to being a solid team or just a blip until we fall back towards the abyss?

the last 2 wins have been fun, and unexpected given the season we were/are having.

you this this is the beginning of us being back to being a solid team or just a blip until we fall back towards the abyss?

I vote back. Players know their roles, rotation is set, drama is in the rear view mirror. Only question is, is it too late? There are some fugly losses in the books.

Shark! I shared a fond memory of you and BJ today. Not sure if you saw it.

I vote for the S to stand for Shark.

I vote for more time. Something about a certain amount of points on a paper need to figure something out, and I think it's 3...although I respect people like the previous poster, who may be correct.

Thing is, even if we are "back," we are facing a Murderers' Row schedule in the ACC. So even with a "back" team, we are going to take on some water going through that.

Sad to say that the damage already inflicted may be too much to overcome.

I said your whole name so it should show up in your alerts.

Redacted: perversion. Shame on you for saying it in the first place Shark, but I shouldn't have repeated it.

Last edited:
Thing is, even if we are "back," we are facing a Murderers' Row schedule in the ACC. So even with a "back" team, we are going to take on some water going through that.

Sad to say that the damage already inflicted may be too much to overcome.
Yes, we are back, to the extent that we can now play the upper echelon without being completely humiliated, which was the state I thought we would be in permanently. And I think we have a chance to win some of those games. So, definitely BACK, even though we will lose some.

At home we can win games.
On the road I need to see it.
I think we can win enough games to have a winning season that would be huge.
To make the NCAA tournament we need to go 12-6.

At home we can win games.
On the road I need to see it.
I think we can win enough games to have a winning season that would be huge.
To make the NCAA tournament we need to go 12-6.

I don't think we need to go 12-6, but we need 12 wins. If one or two of those come in the ACCT, those would count, too.

I think we could be back, but time will tell if we can sustain the intensity.

Ultimately, I'm a bit worried about the minutes overload and the potential for foul trouble derailing us any given game. It didn't hurt us yesterday that Lydon had 4 fouls with 5 and a half to go because we were up so much, but it certainly WOULD have hurt us in a close game. Lydon is so figural to what we do offensively, I fear the game when UNC takes it right at him and picks up two whistles against Lydon in the first 90 seconds of the game.

Ultimately, I'm a bit worried about the minutes overload and the potential for foul trouble derailing us any given game. It didn't hurt us yesterday that Lydon had 4 fouls with 5 and a half to go because we were up so much, but it certainly WOULD have hurt us in a close game. Lydon is so figural to what we do offensively, I fear the game when UNC takes it right at him and picks up two whistles against Lydon in the first 90 seconds of the game.

Not only that, but he's proven to be our best defensive center. As good as Taurean offensively we are -16 when he plays the past two games. He simply is horrendous on the defensive end. We need Lydon to play the 5 just like last year.

"Back" in that we suddenly look like a team that has played together, guys know their roles, and guys are playing to their ability levels.

But we're in a deep hole, facing a tough schedule. As long as we play good ball, compete well, and win our share of games going forward I'll be ok.

We will need Coleman for the UNC game. I'm not as down on him as some...he's got the best stats of his career this year. He can give us an 8 and 8 while eating up minutes and fouls in a big spot on a given day, if he's healthy.

There are going to be games where we're outtalented, just play poorly, can't make enough adjustments playing so few guys, have dudes in foul trouble, etc. People will go off the deep end. Still a ways to go to right the ship, but the last two games have been very encouraging.

We need to win some road games and punch above our weight class.

We will need Coleman for the UNC game. I'm not as down on him as some...he's got the best stats of his career this year. He can give us an 8 and 8 while eating up minutes and fouls in a big spot on a given day, if he's healthy.
No one should be down on him. He's hurt right now. If you listen to JB's presser from yesterday, he suggests that Coleman currently can't compete at the required level, based on what he is seeing in practice. Let's hope that changes soon, because he will be needed and he can contribute when healthy.

Anyone who says we were never gone were not watching.

With a 5.5 man rotation it's hard for me to see us doing better than 9-9 in league.

I want to see how they react on the road and/or in a game they get down 5-10 early. The last two, we got up early and that seemed to settle the guys in. We've struggled all season when trailing, so let's hope we can win some games when overcoming a deficit.

No one should be down on him. He's hurt right now. If you listen to JB's presser from yesterday, he suggests that Coleman currently can't compete at the required level, based on what he is seeing in practice. Let's hope that changes soon, because he will be needed and he can contribute when healthy.
Any word on Chukwu? I know eyes can be tricky. He officially done for the year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom