Areorter proposed a trade by the Yankees for Lee | Syracusefan.com

Areorter proposed a trade by the Yankees for Lee

CaliCuse

All American
He suggested trading Severino and Judge for the old man lefty. It would be a virtual steal by any team getting those thwo prospects and IMOCashman should be fired if he even considers this purge of the best future players the Yankees have at this time.

Jim Bowden from ESPN suggested that the Phillies should offer up Lee for the two prospects.

This isn't coming from Cashman.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Outside of Cano, who was the last Yankee future superstar to pan out.
people should think of that when they complain about the Yankees trading youth.

To piggy-back off this point, trading prospects and winning long-term are not mutually exclusive. Having depth in the farm system allows for trades for players that win you championships, even if those prospects turn out to be solid pros. I know this is a Yankees thread, but if you look around baseball it's crazy to see how many former Red Sox prospects are playing for good teams now and were included in deals that led to the Sox recent success. Hanley Ramirez, Brandon Moss, Jed Lowrie, Josh Reddick, Justin Masterson, Casey Kelly (after he recovers from TJ surgery), David Murphy, Jose Iglesias, and Anibal Sanchez were all traded from the Sox farm system in the last 10 years and are all reasons for the 3 World Series crowns. Holding onto prospects can get you fired when your team is a piece or two away. You think Jon Daniels wouldn't like to go back and make a move that could've gotten the Rangers over the hump and won them a title, especially considering how rough a year they're having now? I don't know how I got to this point of my baseball rant, but I think the bigger holdups in a potential Lee to NY deal are Lee's wife, who hates the Bronx, and his no-trade clause.

You're talking superstars, superstars are few and far between. Cano may go down as the best or top 3 2b of all time. Thats a rarity. You want to say, the last serviceable player, I can name quite a few

people should think of that when they complain about the Yankees trading youth.

On the flip side, people complain about the Yankees being too old, broken down, injuries waiting to happen, which is exactly what Cliff Lee is. 36 years old, injury in a very critical area for pitchers and owed $50 mill for the next 2 years and team option in '16, plus as said before he has had 2 chances to come to NY and didnt want anything to do with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom