Arizona vs ASU | Syracusefan.com

Arizona vs ASU

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I know ASU is not real good but Arizona looks real good. Markannen is a great shooter for a 7 footer. Unreal.

Arizona has REALLY good playera

Any rational poster sees this but there will be the homers who rip on Miller/no F4 scenarios no matter how many times they are reminded of the Wisconsin losses in the E8. Or the LaQuinton Ross buzzer beater against OSU. Or the UConn E8 loss in 2011. They are right down to the wire in these games, not playing a gimmick defense which aids a team like SU against unfamiliar foes in a tourney setting, etc. Arizona has lots of mojo going for them moving forward. I would kill to pry that Book Richardson away from them.

I don't want to hear about F4's. A lot of good our F4 last year did for us. Nothing. Same with 2013. That's for the dorks and statisticians who chart this stuff. It clearly doesn't matter to Kansas and Arizona recruits. Arizona is also a turnstile lately and reloading constantly. Playing well almost always I may add. Something is steering away these top players lately with or without the coaching uncertainty. Maybe it is as simple as playing in the zone 24/7. That would make sense to me. Maybe the most sense.

Last edited:
Arizona has a natural recruiting advantage with their location / campus. I dont understand what the deal is with ASU and why they have never made the leap to legit perennial program. Good lord the ASU co-eds ...

Arizona has a natural recruiting advantage with their location / campus. I dont understand what the deal is with ASU and why they have never made the leap to legit perennial program. Good lord the ASU co-eds ...

Emanuel "Book" Richardson.

Any rational poster sees this but there will be the homers who rip on Miller/no F4 scenarios no matter how many times they are reminded of the Wisconsin losses in the E8. Or the LaQuinton Ross buzzer beater against OSU. Or the UConn E8 loss in 2011. They are right down to the wire in these games, not playing a gimmick defense which aids a team like SU against unfamiliar foes in a tourney setting, etc. Arizona has lots of mojo going for them moving forward. I would kill to pry that Book Richardson away from them.

I don't want to hear about F4's. A lot of good our F4 last year did for us. Nothing. Same with 2013. That's for the dorks and statisticians who chart this stuff. It clearly doesn't matter to Kansas and Arizona recruits. Arizona is also a turnstile lately and reloading constantly. Playing well almost always I may add. Something is steering away these top players lately with or without the coaching uncertainty. Maybe it is as simple as playing in the zone 24/7. That would make sense to me. Maybe the most sense.
I think you ended up in the wrong thread. Oh yeh, that's your m.o. Everything becomes an anti-zone rant. I must be a homer because I don't want suck off Miller for doing less with multiple five star guys. It must his non-zone defense or his multi-faceted offensive playbook. It's a good thing he's not as gimmicky as JB.

I think you ended up in the wrong thread. Oh yeh, that's your m.o. Everything becomes an anti-zone rant. I must be a homer because I don't want suck off Miller for doing less with multiple five star guys. It must his non-zone defense or his multi-faceted offensive playbook. It's a good thing he's not as gimmicky as JB.

I actually rarely post regarding zone vs man. I know it's not going to happen yet I'm not that naive enough to not realize it benefits us in Tourney settings. Our offense has not been very good even in these past couple of F4s. But, I digress.

This brings me to the original point. Why haven't these F4s resonated with recruits? We aren't getting any top guys and the fact that for 2017 we have so many empty positions to be filled with nothing to show for it? Major concern. I would think the anti-zone potential commits would welcome Hopkins' sales pitch with open arms. Or maybe he truly isn't going to change much. Is our brand tarnished? Me thinks UNC and Louisville will still haul in some studs. What's the deal?

Last edited:

I'm pretty familiar with this situation being a transplant in Phoenix. Undergrad at 'Cuse. Masters in Raleigh. Now getting PhD at ASU.

No recruit would choose Tuscon over Phoenix based on location and yes coeds (that's probably a wash). ASU isn't a basketball school nobody cares. Football yes. Sendek was probably the last reputable coach here and he was chased out of NC State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom