Arizona's Gordon going NBA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arizona's Gordon going NBA

If wiggins had played for us we would have slathered all over ourselves. He and grant are not remotely at the same level.

ya and then when he blew his final game in the tournament we would have had a melt down on him...kind of like Ennis.

wiggins is just as raw as Ennis and Grant. The argument is for Ennis and Grant to come back because they need things to work on. Wouldn't the same argument hold true for Wiggins then?

And yes I think Ennis is more NBA ready then Wiggins. At least in terms of improving goes. Wiggins has much more he can add on to his game.
Anyone can come back to work on stuff, if u want to argue that. But those dudes I listed are all nba ready. Wiggins, embiid, smart, Parker will start from day 1. Randle too.

ya and then when we blew his final game in the tournament we would have had a melt down on him...kind of like Ennis.
Kansas was done when embiid got hurt.

Anyone can come back to work on stuff, if u want to argue that. But those dudes I listed are all nba ready. Wiggins, embiid, smart, Parker will start from day 1. Randle too.

Now your twisting the argument though. If Ennis has to get stronger, then doesn't Embiid have to improve his back to the basket? Who says Ennis doesn't start if he goes in top 10. If he is a top 3 pg and gets picked by a team that needs a PG he will start from day 1 too.

And ok i'll give you the benefit of the doubt those guys are NBA ready, that makes a grand total of 5

anomander said:
wiggins is just as raw as Ennis and Grant. The argument is for Ennis and Grant to come back because they need things to work on. Wouldn't the same argument hold true for Wiggins then? And yes I think Ennis is more NBA ready then Wiggins. At least in terms of improving goes. Wiggins has much more he can add on to his game.

How many KU games did you see this year? I'm guess not very many.

How many KU games did you see this year? I'm guess not very many.

i saw plenty. he is crazy athletic, but he's raw. one of the best prospects out there, but he isn't even close to his ceiling

Wiggins is a top 3 pick, Grant will probably be taken somewhere between 15-25.

how much could grant possibly increase his stock? maybe 5 slots? is that worth another year? and ennis isn't even a question. his stock is probably at it's highest right now.

here BJ had a tweet that is meant for most of you

BJ Johnson ‏@Bean__2 4h
Everybody a fan till you go try your chances in the league lol smh

how much could grant possibly increase his stock? maybe 5 slots? is that worth another year? and ennis isn't even a question. his stock is probably at it's highest right now.

BJ Johnson ‏@Bean__2 4h

Who knows maybe he would increase his stock by 15 slots, how is ennis not even a question when he might not be a lottery pick?

stopped looking at this thread when I saw that Wiggins isnt NBA ready... Geesh... Wiggins is made for the NBA... NBA and college is a completely different game/style... It actually is possible that one player will be better in the NBA than in college.. The one trait you have to have is a variety of physcial traits and Wiggins has that along with a ton of skill... Wiggins will be a stud in the NBA... Quicker game style, more fast break opportunities, Way more spread out and players who can create have a lot more room to operate for themselves.. Wiggins will be a stud.. simple as that... grant and him arent on the same remote planet... not a knock on grant but is the truth

BJ Johnson ‏@Bean__2 4h
How is analyzing a guys draft position compared to his peers...not a fan?

stopped looking at this thread when I saw that Wiggins isnt NBA ready... Geesh... Wiggins is made for the NBA... NBA and college is a completely different game/style... It actually is possible that one player will be better in the NBA than in college.. The one trait you have to have is a variety of physcial traits and Wiggins has that along with a ton of skill... Wiggins will be a stud in the NBA... Quicker game style, more fast break opportunities, Way more spread out and players who can create have a lot more room to operate for themselves.. Wiggins will be a stud.. simple as that... grant and him arent on the same remote planet... not a knock on grant but is the truth

you missed the point of my argument. nobody is doubting that Wiggins is NBA ready. He was last year. My point is everyone is saying Ennis and Grant need to come back because they have things to work on. Well can't you say the same about Wiggins, or has he reached his ceiling?

you missed the point of my argument. nobody is doubting that Wiggins is NBA ready. He was last year. My point is everyone is saying Ennis and Grant need to come back because they have things to work on. Well can't you say the same about Wiggins, or has he reached his ceiling?

I think the difference is that Wiggins will likely be a rookie of the year candidate despite having areas to work on. Yes, he has areas to work on, but what he has now is far greater than Ennis and Grant. Ennis and Grant will have things to work on if they want to receive playing time, especially in regards to Grant (though I actually have more faith that he'll stick in the league than I do Ennis).

Same goes for guys like Randle, Parker, Embiid, etc. Randle doesn't have a right hand and he's a poor defender, but his left hand, relentlessness, and rebounding ability are great enough that he can work on those other areas while still being a starter from day 1. If Jabari declares, he will immediately average 17-20 points per game. Yes, he needs to improve defensively, but he's ready to start right away. If Embiid can get healthy, with his array of post moves and shot blocking ability, he too will be a starter from day 1.

I think Ennis and Grant both made the right decision for themselves, but they have a long ways to go before they're ready to receive major NBA minutes. Ennis needs to either become a much better shooter, passer, or athlete. As of now, he's probably a below average shooter for an NBA PG, below average athlete, below average defender, below average finisher, and just a solid passer. There really isn't much that he can bring to the table as of this moment.

If Grant can get his back alright, he can bring a high motor and athleticism to the table, but if he doesn't improve his strength or ball-handling, it won't really matter. He needs to get stronger so that he can play as a face-up 4 (like Blake Griffin but obviously not nearly as good), or he needs to become a much better ball-handler and shooter so that he can play on the wing. Otherwise, he too will probably be a bench/D-League player.

I think the difference is that Wiggins will likely be a rookie of the year candidate despite having areas to work on. Yes, he has areas to work on, but what he has now is far greater than Ennis and Grant. Ennis and Grant will have things to work on if they want to receive playing time, especially in regards to Grant (though I actually have more faith that he'll stick in the league than I do Ennis).

Same goes for guys like Randle, Parker, Embiid, etc. Randle doesn't have a right hand and he's a poor defender, but his left hand, relentlessness, and rebounding ability are great enough that he can work on those other areas while still being a starter from day 1. If Jabari declares, he will immediately average 17-20 points per game. Yes, he needs to improve defensively, but he's ready to start right away. If Embiid can get healthy, with his array of post moves and shot blocking ability, he too will be a starter from day 1.

I think Ennis and Grant both made the right decision for themselves, but they have a long ways to go before they're ready to receive major NBA minutes. Ennis needs to either become a much better shooter, passer, or athlete. As of now, he's probably a below average shooter for an NBA PG, below average athlete, below average defender, below average finisher, and just a solid passer. There really isn't much that he can bring to the table as of this moment.

If Grant can get his back alright, he can bring a high motor and athleticism to the table, but if he doesn't improve his strength or ball-handling, it won't really matter. He needs to get stronger so that he can play as a face-up 4 (like Blake Griffin but obviously not nearly as good), or he needs to become a much better ball-handler and shooter so that he can play on the wing. Otherwise, he too will probably be a bench/D-League player.

ok those are the top 5 guys in the draft. who else is there?

and imo Ennis will be the 3rd pg chosen and start from day 1

ok those are the top 5 guys in the draft. who else is there?

and imo Ennis will be the 3rd pg chosen and start from day 1

I agree that Ennis will likely be the 3rd PG taken. Outside chance that he falls more than that, but I think he'll be a backup PG from the get-go and most likely will remain a backup the majority of his career.

And I think Exum, Smart, McDermott, Nurkic (if he comes to the US), Stauskas, and more unheralded guys like Payne, Hairston, and Shabazz are all ready to contribute right away. I think Ennis and Grant have a lot more refining to do before they can bring anything to the table unless they just happen to get drafted to god awful teams that throw them into the fire right away.

Wiggins will make more money than both of them from the get-go with endorsements, etc.. You are absolutely right by saying he has things to work on, but ennis and grant have far more to work on and nowadays in the NBA, if you can't produce right away then and there, you will find your a$$ in the DLeague

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom