Army / Navy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Army / Navy

I just saw a graphic after a Navy penalty that it was their 31st penalty called this season, lowest in NCAA.

Felt like we had more than 31 flags thrown at us on false start calls alone.

And the caissons go rolling along... (Finally!)

Great game, great win. Go Army!

My father-in-law served in the 82nd Airborne during WWII. And today would have been his 94th birthday. This was a very pleasing meshing of events.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Army. Streak had to end sometime. Just going to say had Will Worth been in the game... Noi excuses just the truth. :)

Congrats to Army for finally breaking the streak. Despite zero passing game and a boatload of turnovers they found away. Great to hear Vern call the game to.

Congrats to Army for finally breaking the streak. Despite zero passing game and a boatload of turnovers they found away. Great to hear Vern call the game to.
Army's winning drive started with a 30-yard pass play. It was as big as any play in the game. Flipped the momentum.

I don't think I'll ever forget this game, and I've never served my country. What a sporting spectacle. It's perfect.

i maybe wrong but doesn't the president or vice president usually attend this game? or at least some representative of the current administration???? just asking

According to the Navy, since Teddy Roosevelt the first to go, 7 other presidents have attended. Some never attended. President Truman attended the most - 7 years. Vice President Biden has attended 4 times.

Since Truman, President Kennedy attended twice - 1961, 1962: President Ford - 1974: President Clinton -1996: President George W. Bush went 3 times-2001,2004,2008: President Obama -2011

Presidents Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and George H.W. Bush never attended while president.

Presidents attending Army-Navy is a long tradition. Trump’s joining in

Not to sound like a Grandmother, but I was nervous at the end of that game that a cadet was going to get trampled to death climbing over that railing to get onto the field. It was just mayhem.

It's the truly the best rivalry in sports. Because they simultaneously hate and respect each other so much.

Not to sound like a Grandmother, but I was nervous at the end of that game that a cadet was going to get trampled to death climbing over that railing to get onto the field. It was just mayhem.

It's the truly the best rivalry in sports. Because they simultaneously hate and respect each other so much.

Thanks meema. I, for one, thought it was great. I wish there was more unbridled enthusiasm at other games, but with the fear of exactly what you mentioned, all too often, field storming has been clamped down.

Thanks meema. I, for one, thought it was great. I wish there was more unbridled enthusiasm at other games, but with the fear of exactly what you mentioned, all too often, field storming has been clamped down.

It was a beautiful celebration, I'm just saying I'm glad nobody got hurt.

Apache Pilot Sean Boniface, 2011, G2. Right before doing the fly over. #OGAF #BeatNavy

15327414_347319025631406_903471226590181002_n.jpg

I was really torn about who to root for in this game...I work for the Navy, but feel more of kinship with the Army, since the AF came from the Army...before I started working for the Navy, I rooted for the Army...May be I will switch each year who I root for...

I was really torn about who to root for in this game...I work for the Navy, but feel more of kinship with the Army, since the AF came from the Army...before I started working for the Navy, I rooted for the Army...May be I will switch each year who I root for...

Honestly, you just can't choose unwisely...or lose...here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom