Army-Navy | Syracusefan.com

Army-Navy

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Isn't it odd how the Army-Navy game is occuring after the bowl matchups have been announced? What if either team was 5-6 heading into this game? You'd have to wait until after the game to invite the winner to a bowl.

It is odd. But even so if Army was 5-6 and didn't make it, then the Military Bowl is 18 days later. For Navy the Hunger Bowl is 21 days later. Both are more time than the end of the season (12/3) and the first few Bowls (12/17 which is 14 days). It was possible at one point for SU to have played on 12/3 and then ended up in the N.O. Bowl on the 17th.

Isn't it odd how the Army-Navy game is occuring after the bowl matchups have been announced? What if either team was 5-6 heading into this game? You'd have to wait until after the game to invite the winner to a bowl.

I can't remember where(maybe ESPN) but I heard that this game doesn't count towards bowl eligibility because its played so late

I can't remember where(maybe ESPN) but I heard that this game doesn't count towards bowl eligibility because its played so late

Seems strange. I know Army and Navy agreed to move it out because they want their week back of being the only game. But at the risk of missing a bowl if you're 5-6 and win the game? But I also know that they don't operate like everyone else, and this is by far the most important game on each school's annual schedule.

As the poster formerly known as USNOrange, I am required by Davy Jones to say:

Go Navy, beat Army!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuselegend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom