Arthur Jones can't fit into a corvette | Syracusefan.com

Arthur Jones can't fit into a corvette

Sometimes you wonder why so many athletes get SUVs and trucks instead of sports cars, well, it's because sports cars are designed for small people.

Maybe it's best for Art. While it is a humorous story, I was quick to recall Jerome Brown's tragic death. Either Art's a bigger man, or vettes were a lot bigger back in the day.

Sometimes you wonder why so many athletes get SUVs and trucks instead of sports cars, well, it's because sports cars are designed for small people.
It was great when the Giants trained at UAlbany. For the first couple years you could walk through the team parking lot and check out all the nice rides. A lot of the guys had license plates from their home states and not NJ and some guys had custom plates. I have some old photos somewhere of some of them.

It was great when the Giants trained at UAlbany. For the first couple years you could walk through the team parking lot and check out all the nice rides. A lot of the guys had license plates from their home states and not NJ and some guys had custom plates. I have some old photos somewhere of some of them.

Had a friend who pitched for the Dodgers. Wife and I went to visit them a few years ago and took in a game. We got to follow them through the VIP entrance and even park in the players lot. Was unreal. Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Escalades of course. It happened to be fireworks night so they took us onto the field after the game. It was surreal walking through the players areas, and finally seeing the tunnel leading to the dugout. And since it was fireworks night, the lights were dim but the stands were still packed. As a kid who grew up playing baseball through highschool with dreams of making it someday, it was a really cool experience to walk out that tunnel into the dugout and step onto the field.

Maybe he can try Wilt's VW Golf. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom