Article from March | Syracusefan.com

Article from March

who would be our fastest WR and how soon do we actually get someone faster than whats currently on the roster. this system requires you to win the one on one battles.. Hoping ISH and his added strength gets him there since he likely the one getting those reps outside to succeed.

upperdeck said:
who would be our fastest WR and how soon do we actually get someone faster than whats currently on the roster. this system requires you to win the one on one battles.. Hoping ISH and his added strength gets him there since he likely the one getting those reps outside to succeed.

I think he's sharp and consistent, though he lacks speed. The Maryland kid is plenty quick.

GoSU96 said:
How Babers will bring Briles' offense to Syracuse I hadn't run across this before. Looking forward to this.

Love this paragraph:

"Opposing teams are not going to enjoy the aggressive, freewheeling approach of the new Orange offense. Babers goes for it on fourth down and always reaches for the throat in his playcalling. Set aside your conventional rules for how often teams take deep shots or when they take their pedal off the gas. The coaches in this style of offense don't stop until you're dead and buried."

The biggest thing all opponents are going to worry about is a bomb attempt on, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. Defenses will be worn out by the 4th Quarter.

Love this paragraph:

"Opposing teams are not going to enjoy the aggressive, freewheeling approach of the new Orange offense. Babers goes for it on fourth down and always reaches for the throat in his playcalling. Set aside your conventional rules for how often teams take deep shots or when they take their pedal off the gas. The coaches in this style of offense don't stop until you're dead and buried."
This one stuck out to me...can't wait for Friday!

There's a great economy of concepts in this offense, and the goal is to create stress at every part of the field in order to score as much as possible, not to control the ball or run clock.

CuseGoose said:
This one stuck out to me...can't wait for Friday! There's a great economy of concepts in this offense, and the goal is to create stress at every part of the field in order to score as much as possible, not to control the ball or run clock.

That's what people worried about the defense need to remember... Scoring quickly is demoralizing for the opposing teams defense (we should know) and puts tremendous pressure on their QB to produce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom