As I walked to the Dome, I was reminded why... | Syracusefan.com

As I walked to the Dome, I was reminded why...

SmilinBob

Living Legend
SU had to win this game. I was walking to the Dome and just wanted them to continue to learn and grow as a team and system but being near the Hokie fans brought back the boil to my blood and 2003. The turkey hats...the dismissal of their fan base of the SU football program. Thank you gentlemen for kicking some Hokie butt and on national TV. What a wonderful win in so many ways.

Such a huge win.

I honestly forgot what it felt like to be excited about CFB. Every Saturday has just been going through the motions. Expecting a blowout against anyone anywhere near the Top 25 and hoping to eek out a win against garbage teams. Started to get to the point where I didn't even care when they lost. Turned Wake off before the game even ended and went on with my day like that game never even happened.

It's just one game, but that one game made me remember what it felt like to care about Syracuse Football.

One of the "interactions" I had was: "It's nice to be playing you guys again. VT: "Oh, that's right, we used to be in the Big East." in a completely dismissive tone. Yep...very nice win and a nice 8 hour drive back home to Blacksburg for him. Yep...I certainly did miss SU playing these guys and it ain't the same in basketball...not by a long shot.