Ashton Broyld dismissed from Syracuse football for violation of team rules: | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ashton Broyld dismissed from Syracuse football for violation of team rules:

tipphill said:
well i think there were a multitude of complaints re the george mcdonald playbook? the record and offensive output supports that. as far as i can tell no one understood the playbook!!!
He didn't play under Hackett either.

There was a game either last year or the year before where Shafer had to burn a time out because we wanted to sub for Broyld but he wouldn't get off the field. I dont quite remember the game but I remember him lining up out wide close to the syracuse sideline and basically saying FU to the decision to sub.

Only guys like Lebron James can do stuff like that. It doesn't work well in football.

Was Mcfukit still the OC then? My guess would be yes.

There was a game either last year or the year before where Shafer had to burn a time out because we wanted to sub for Broyld but he wouldn't get off the field. I dont quite remember the game but I remember him lining up out wide close to the syracuse sideline and basically saying FU to the decision to sub.

Only guys like Lebron James can do stuff like that. It doesn't work well in football.

I remember vaguely too. But I think Broyld was nicked up and they wanted to make sure he was OK. And he wanted to play through it. At least that's how I recall it.

well i think there were a multitude of complaints re the george mcdonald playbook? the record and offensive output supports that. as far as i can tell no one understood the playbook!!!
This is 100%on on Broyld. Your blind hatred for the staff makes you blame them for everything. He messed up all by himself despite many many chances. I think it would be best if you stop posting on this topic that you seem to know very little about.

This is 100%on on Broyld. Your blind hatred for the staff makes you blame them for everything. He messed up all by himself despite many many chances. I think it would be best if you stop posting on this topic that you seem to know very little about.
That goes right along with the buzz I've now heard floating around about this situation. Staff gave him ample opportunities to clean up his act and he kept refusing.

the kid lost all motivation, and concentration. he was no longer committed. that is not an excuse, but reality---the staff had a hand in that outcome as well as the player. it is not a false correlation but a piece of the equation
Broyld is 22, 5 years out of high school, and going to college for free in exchange for playing football. Losing all motivation and concentration is his choice, not something the staff forced on him.

That goes right along with the buzz I've now heard floating around about this situation. Staff gave him ample opportunities to clean up his act and he kept refusing.
I see what you did there.

I see what you did there.
Ha...I actually legitimately wasn't trying to suggest or hint at anything other than Ashton, from what I've heard, screwed this up without any help from anyone else.

just how many did he have? where am i playing this week coach?am i playing this week coach? granted he had some issues, but how do you commit to learning a position when you are in a constant state of confusion of just where do i fit in. doesn't matter now.

Yeah because he was switched from 1 position to the next, week in, week out his entire time here.

Stop exaggerating to fit your "critical of the staff wherever I can be" narrative.

Madbiker said:
Well there goes the Orange Bowl. How will we ever replace his 15 catches? (Sarc).
The handwringing over mediocrity isn't even funny anymore.

KaiserUEO said:
if he flashed his junk on the way in the door, i shudder to think what he flashed on the way out...
I'm sure Chip/Milly can let us all know

Last edited:
The kid violates team rules, gets tossed and it's the coach's fault.

WOW.

Too many products of the "participation trophy" generation.

Let's make everyone happy and no one can feel bad. If you don't play well, it must be the coach's fault. Here's your trophy.

WOW.

Let's make everyone happy and no one can feel bad. If you don't play well, it must be the coach's fault. Here's your trophy.
Atta boy

xc84 said:
I don't think this has anything to do with whether he played defense or not. Nor do I think playing defense would somehow turn him into a superstar. It's easy to say "He should be playing defense" because we have never seen him do it on the college level and we have seen his offense. So because he has disappointed on offense and he is built, people say "he should be playing defense" but maybe he's not cut out to be the hitter he'd need to be. The coaches who see him every day feel he's better on offense.

Partially right. He didn't want to play defense. Don't think he really liked the hitting. But he was advised while still in HS, that if he wanted to get to the next level (NFL), he'd have to go to defense. He chose not to do that. He wanted to be an offensive star.

you say that i did not. i do fault the staff for bungling his talent, of course he probably had(s) issues, nevertheless every couple of weeks the ps would have articles on where the staff will use him. it was a total enigma

Would things have been different if Marrone had said "you're gonna be our quarterback!" We'll never know. Obviously, he had reasons for not saying that.

WOW.

I see I'm not the only oen who watches "Real Sports"

Definitely not happy to see AB go, but it could be an addition by subtraction thing. Just have to pray nothing happens to Erv now. AT least AB was quality depth.