Class of 2015 - Assuming/Hoping Diagne commits, who will take the last spot? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Assuming/Hoping Diagne commits, who will take the last spot?

Who rounds out 2015's class?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Bryant or Jones?

I figure it comes down to these two.

Honestly I'd be happy with either. CM has told the coaching staff, as Donte Greene did, that he plans to be a one and done. So I assume we take another after Diagne for 2015.

I think Bryant ends up dragging out his recruitment towards signing day and we pick up Jones. Just my guess, nothing really to back it up either than a feeling.

How bout you guys?

I am hopeful it is Bryant.

Given the way SU plays with a zone and the slow pace, I think this puts a premium on offensive execution
and defensive rebounding. And with the projected lineup that they'd have not next year, but for 2015-2016,
with bigs (Coleman, Obokoh, and assumed Diagne, and assumed CM departure), wings (Roberson, Johnson,
Gbinije, Richardson, Lydon, Howard), and guards (Cooney, Joseph, Patterson), I'd prefer Bryant. I think
they have enough guys who have strengths (athletic, length, versatile) / weaknesses (strength, ballhandling,
3pt shooting) like Jones and not enough big guys. But, if you're going to sell me on playing like the late 80s
teams, by all means, sign Jones and have at it.

Kev

If McCullough bolts and Coleman isn't healthy, we're going to need another big.

Bryant.

Francis03 said:
I'll hope and pray that it's Bryant or another big man with the concerns about DC2's health. Jones would be more of a luxury imo.
Francis, in your heart of hearts do you really think Bryant and moose can play together at once? I wonder if Bryant thinks that.

Francis, in your heart of hearts do you really think Bryant and moose can play together at once? I wonder if Bryant thinks that.
Moose can spot some minutes at the 4 since I don't think he's as laterally stiff as Bryant. Bryant is ranked in the top 20 and should be a burger when all said and done. I doubt he's worried about Diagne and doesn't strike me as the type that would be scared of competition.

e
87fcf02f-276a-3ddd-aeb4-8333d15377e0
th

SYRACUSE Welcomes The Moose and Burger

Howard/Richardson/Lydon/Diagne, I just have this feeling both Jones and Bryant are going to wait until into March. When it is all said and done feel have this gut feeling it will be Jones. In the end 3 bigs will be enough four would be a luxury.

Also if Coleman comes back and plays well and Chino does OK and Bryant has seen Diagne commit, WV can sell him on you will be the guy and play from the start. I know I will get beat up by the pundits saying he will not care he is that good, Roberson was a good player who barely sniffed the court and even if Coleman did not get hurt his minutes 5 star guy would not have got a lot of minutes

Also if Coleman comes back and plays well and Chino does OK and Bryant has seen Diagne commit, WV can sell him on you will be the guy and play from the start. I know I will get beat up by the pundits saying he will not care he is that good, Roberson was a good player who barely sniffed the court and even if Coleman did not get hurt his minutes 5 star guy would not have got a lot of minutes
I've been thinking about this for a while, but every time Papadakis posts, his screen names reminds me of this (maybe he's the greek version)... (NSFW language)

No just named after the great George Papadakis, just remember when we complian about big guys at one time we had Andre Hawkins going against Partick Ewing. The big guys have gone a long way.

So we're likely out on Jones now. I don't think it's a mistake going for Bryant instead, but I think Jones will be a superstar when he gets to college. He's an unrivaled athletic talent that knows how good he is, and is only getting better.