Assuming we have 0 scholarship reductions for 2015-2016 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Assuming we have 0 scholarship reductions for 2015-2016

Imagine this year's team with Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant on it! Talk about missing pieces!! McCullough, Xmas, and Grant on the back line - you gotta be kidding!

"This is the world we live in and these are the hands we're given"

No kidding and only a handful of teams are replacing these guys year after year with ready NBA talent.

After Grant leaving and getting drafted last year, that told me enough. McCullough will get more love from the NBA than Grant because he has so many skills that will eventually lead to a productive NBA player. Grant (at least as SU fans could see) was a 50/50 shot. He clearly had the athletic ability but lacked the consistent outside jumper or physical play to post up against the size of NBA players. Since the NBA drafts on potential as well as production, no way McCullough stays another year because he has both and I see him showing that more and more as the season progresses.

Its good to know some of us still see this team as a growing thing.
I've been told that everyone on the team is a finished product and that DC2 will never play another minute in orange, so I'm praying for a CBI invite and thinking about finding a new team to follow next year.

I don't follow recruiting.

Freshman: Malachi Richardson, Moustapha Diagne, Tyler Lydon, Franklin Howard
Sophomore: Chris McCollough, Kaleb Joseph
Junior: Tyler Roberson, Ron Patterson, B.J. Johnson, Chino Obokoh, Dejuan Coleman
Senior: Trevor Cooney, Michael Gbinije

Thus how are we in contention for Thomas Bryant if Chris McCollough isn't one and done?

They had Fab Melo do the math.

I think Silent G and Cooney move on with their degrees. Buss and BJ may transfer if their games don't improve this year. I think Chris comes back for one more to get stronger. He is no where near physical enough for the NBA.

stumpy78 said:
I think Silent G and Cooney move on with their degrees. Buss and BJ may transfer if their games don't improve this year. I think Chris comes back for one more to get stronger. He is no where near physical enough for the NBA.

Why would G or Cooney just move on with their degrees?

It's too late for the NCAA to take scholies away for 2015-16.

You're going to tell one of our incoming freshman recruits that they don't have a scholie in March?

Not happening.

Scholie reductions will start in 2014-15.

Mike Waters thinks there's a 90 percent chance McCullough is going pro.

Bryant has it narrowed to SU and Indiana, and Indiana is the fallback in the event McCullough stays.
FYP

:bat::rolling:couchburn:bang:

so are you assuming Coleman doesn't play this year? He has looked pretty good in the videos I have seen.

FYP

I Googled FYP to find out what it meant and the first entry was "Five Year Plan". I don't think those are a good idea in college basketball. ;)

I too think CMAC is gone, but I don't think he will ever be a power forward in the NBA, I think he has skills that translate into being a SF in the NBA, he is long and lean and anyone in the NBA at PF has some serious mass to them, yes he will get stronger just not sure he ever gets to that level of bulk. Not a knock on him but to me he falls dangerously into that tweener category right now. Not strong enough to bang underneath and some doubt as to whether he can handle and shoot away from the basket at the NBA level. Again no knock on him I just can't seem to find a comparison for him to project to at the NBA level.

I too think CMAC is gone, but I don't think he will ever be a power forward in the NBA, I think he has skills that translate into being a SF in the NBA, he is long and lean and anyone in the NBA at PF has some serious mass to them, yes he will get stronger just not sure he ever gets to that level of bulk. Not a knock on him but to me he falls dangerously into that tweener category right now. Not strong enough to bang underneath and some doubt as to whether he can handle and shoot away from the basket at the NBA level. Again no knock on him I just can't seem to find a comparison for him to project to at the NBA level.

I think he'll be a power forward. Kid has a great frame and broad shoulders, he's just a kid right now. In two years, he'll be 20 pounds heavier [good weight]. And in 5 years, he'll be a solid 30-40 pounds heavier, if he gets in the weight room. At his height, at that size, he'd be a solid power forward in the NBA.

Agree that he's a little too skinny right now. But you can tell by his frame that he'll have no trouble filling out.

Chris McCullough will be 20 years old in February, no chance he comes back.

Chad Ford just released this. McCollough is gone.

Chris McCullough, F, Syracuse

No one has seen their stock rise more in the first two weeks of the season than McCullough. McCullough is averaging 15.6 PPG, 7.6 RPG and 2.6 BPG in his first five games for Syracuse including two very strong games against Cal (12 points, 7 rebounds and 5 blocks) and Iowa (20 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks). Those are impressive numbers for a freshman. But what intrigues scouts is what's behind the numbers. McCullough has a 7-foot-3 wingspan, is an explosive leaper, and is the rare big that can protect the rim on defense and stretch the floor on offense. He needs to add a lot of strength, but virtually every scout I spoke to who saw him play last week in New York came away feeling like he'd be a lottery pick.

Chad Ford just released this. McCollough is gone.

Chris McCullough, F, Syracuse

No one has seen their stock rise more in the first two weeks of the season than McCullough. McCullough is averaging 15.6 PPG, 7.6 RPG and 2.6 BPG in his first five games for Syracuse including two very strong games against Cal (12 points, 7 rebounds and 5 blocks) and Iowa (20 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks). Those are impressive numbers for a freshman. But what intrigues scouts is what's behind the numbers. McCullough has a 7-foot-3 wingspan, is an explosive leaper, and is the rare big that can protect the rim on defense and stretch the floor on offense. He needs to add a lot of strength, but virtually every scout I spoke to who saw him play last week in New York came away feeling like he'd be a lottery pick.

Yup.

I have a feeling that McCullough will be a Derrick Favors-esque riser in this draft. And that in 2-3 years, a stud NBA player, also like Favors.

Yup.

I have a feeling that McCullough will be a Derrick Favors-esque riser in this draft. And that in 2-3 years, a stud NBA player, also like Favors.
Yeah Favors or Noah Vonleh. Hopefully, Rak and McCollough can scrap enough points to just get us into the tournament. This year is fine if we are a bubble team or double digit seed and are underdogs in March. I don't expect a title this year and just getting into the tournament would be a good success this year.

Junior: Tyler Roberson, Ron Patterson, B.J. Johnson, Chino Obokoh, Dejuan Coleman

Thus how are we in contention for Thomas Bryant if Chris McCollough isn't one and done?
If it hasn't been posted in the article section, or you haven't read it, this mornings Rochester paper has Bryant narrowing his choices to SU or Indiana. His mother has said he'll make his choice in the spring after looking into various things on majors offered and other college issues plus who is leaving, who is staying or coming in. So it does seem important if McCollough is returning. Of course it may be that if Chris comes back, it may be viewed as a making of one hell of a front court.

Either McCullough is leaving for the NBA draft or someone is going to transfer out. Either way it will happen and there will be a spot for Bryant.

Either McCullough is leaving for the NBA draft or someone is going to transfer out. Either way it will happen and there will be a spot for Bryant.

Absolutely there will be a spot for Bryant no matter what but Chris is gone so that makes it easy.

yahtzee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom