Class of 2017 - ATH Brandon Sebastian (CT) Verbal to Boston College | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Brandon Sebastian (CT) Verbal to Boston College

August 19, 2015

Connecticut ATH Brandon Sebastian discusses UConn offer

Aman Kidwai
UConnReport.com Associate Editor

Related Links:

Class of 2017 athlete prospect Brandon Sebastian recently made the decision to transfer from West Haven to Cheshire Academy, which is building a reputation as a magnet for talented Connecticut football players.

Sebastian, coming off a sophomore campaign with over 1300 yards from scrimmage and 15 touchdowns, is one of five players on his team to hold an offer from UConn.

Rhode Island, where his older brother Jordan is currently playing football as a senior, was the first school to offer earlier this summer in May. Then Temple, Syracuse and UConn all came through with offers within a month. This summer he made visits to Notre Dame, Maryland, Boston College, and Penn State as well, and they all appear interested.

Sebastian was pointed in the direction of Cheshire Academy by C.J. Holmes and Tarik Black, two of the aforementioned teammates with UConn offers. Holmes' and Sebastian's fathers used to work together.

spacer1.gif

"It's really going to be a good year," Sebastian said of this upcoming season with the talent assembled by Cheshire Academy head coach David Dykeman. The athlete prospect had his first chance to get on the field with his teammates at the Grip it and Rip it 7-on-7 tournament earlier this summer in New Canaan.

"I was a little nervous," he said, "but after the first couple of plays I was fine and felt like I did really well and showed coach that we can play as a team. We did really well for a team that just started playing together."

Syracuse has offered Sebastian as a running back while the other three are looking at him as an athlete. UConn is leaning towards wide receiver.

Though he has yet to make a visit to Storrs, he had been in regular touch with the staff until the start of this summer's dead period. He is interested in playing for his home state, but wants to keep his options open. He's looking for "a team with great chemistry and the desire to win football games," which fits well with the environment Bob Diaco has cultivated at UConn.

This coming season, Sebastian wants to demonstrate his explosiveness and ball skills both offensively and defensively- he has no preference for which side of the ball he plays on at the next level. From the very first play on his reel below, it is clear the rising junior is capable of making big, game-changing plays.

Cheshire Academy will open the season on the road against Lawrence Academy on Saturday, September 26th.

Well that one's surprising, but I wasn't sure what he'd play if he actually came to SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom