Class of 2017 - ATH Bryce Watts (NJ) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Bryce Watts (NJ)

I think he would the type to be homesick, I think he was set before he got here.

I think he would the type to be homesick, I think he was set before he got here.
he had comments that are posted on the front page of rutgers board about his syracuse visit.

SU Target DB Bryce Watts Verbals to Last Place B1G School (app.com; Dunleavy)

Some of Bryce Watts' earliest football memories are of cheering on his parents' alma mater.

Now he is set to make future memories by following in their footsteps at Rutgers.

A junior defensive back at Toms River North, Watts committed Sunday night to Rutgers football's 2017 recruiting class. He is the second member of the class but the first secured by first-year coach Chris Ash.

“I went to a whole bunch of Rutgers football games when I was small," Watts said. "I used to think they were superheroes. I’d be admiring how they ran on the field. Now it’s an honor that I’m sitting here about to go to Rutgers University.”

Watts said his mother (hurdles) and stepfather (high jump) were members of the Rutgers track and field program in the 1990s. He also counted three aunts who attended the school.

“I like Rutgers because I have a lot of family ties," Watts said. "Rutgers just feels like a home. With what Coach Ash has going on, his whole regime is awesome. Everything that he took from Wisconsin, everything that he took from Ohio State, he brings it all to Rutgers and they’re creating something new."

I love how these decisions often take place after 'much prayer'. Think the dialogue went something like this:

BW: "Dear Lord, please help guide me through this fateful decision."

The Lord: "Don't go to Rutgers."

I knew that deep down you believed in Divine Intervention. ;)

I hear Virginia Tech.

I visited VaTech when I was choosing colleges. As a kid growing up in NJ, I thought blackburgh was quite the culture shock. I didn't even stay the whole weekend, I left first thing the 2nd am. Couldn't do it. Good luck to this kid.

I visited VaTech when I was choosing colleges. As a kid growing up in NJ, I thought blackburgh was quite the culture shock. I didn't even stay the whole weekend, I left first thing the 2nd am. Couldn't do it. Good luck to this kid.
It's funny how some schools just don't feel right. I grew up middle class Catholic in central New York. I visited Colgate because I had the grades and test scores. That was a culture shock, every kid there was driving a BMW or Lexus. I left two hours into the visit. Ended up at Loyola in. Maryland, much better fit.

I love how these decisions often take place after 'much prayer'. Think the dialogue went something like this:

BW: "Dear Lord, please help guide me through this fateful decision."

The Lord: "Don't go to Rutgers."
You win the internet!

I don't know who handles the twitter for this but it makes me laugh every time!

Me too. It totally cracks me up to have someone trolling them like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom