Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Our old friend Coach Willie Hill formerly of Stranahan now at Somerset Academy in Sunland Park, FL.

Last edited:

Of course the way things have been trending the last couple days for Miami, he'll probably decommit next week.

"Daewood Davis announced his commitment to Miami, but there are rumors that the Canes haven’t offered and won’t accept his verbal. "

Kinda feel bad for the kid, honestly.

I agree. How do these kids know what is and isn't a commitable offer. Something sounds off at Miami... two kids that were committed decommitted from Miami just this week.

I agree. How do these kids know what is and isn't a commitable offer. Something sounds off at Miami... two kids that were committed decommitted from Miami just this week.
They don't, unless they're told. Sounds like Daewood wasn't told before going public with his announcement. Feel for him.

They don't, unless they're told. Sounds like Daewood wasn't told before going public with his announcement. Feel for him.

And don't these offers come through the HS coach? Sadly his coach was all over a kid last week on twitter for saying he had offers that he didn't have.

And don't these offers come through the HS coach? Sadly his coach was all over a kid last week on twitter for saying he had offers that he didn't have.
Yes.

Daewood had one of those "noncommittable" offers from Miami, I guess.

F Miami, he's a good prospect and they're clearly his dream school. God if SU ever pulls a stunt like this I'll be furious.

F Miami, he's a good prospect and they're clearly his dream school. God if SU ever pulls a stunt like this I'll be furious.
Do we know if he told the coaches he wanted to commit first or did he announce on twitter first? I find it hard to believe he called the staff and said I'm ready to verbal, they said yes, but then next day said back off. That's next level weird/unacceptable

Apparently he committed on Twitter without actually talking to the coaches, and they were not ready to take him at this point because they're still evaluating him and making sure his academics are in order and all that.

Apparently he committed on Twitter without actually talking to the coaches, and they were not ready to take him at this point because they're still evaluating him and making sure his academics are in order and all that.
I figured that's what it was.

Ah

Yet they offered? I can't see him committing without being told he had an offer? Hasn't come across like that type from the little I've seen. I don't care if an offer is committable (sp) or not, but if your going to play that game at least express if it is or not to the kid.

Yet they offered? I can't see him committing without being told he had an offer? Hasn't come across like that type from the little I've seen. I don't care if an offer is committable (sp) or not, but if your going to play that game at least express if it is or not to the kid.

The offer was through the HS coach... at least that is how it normally happens. He should have explained to Daewood that he couldn't commit at this time.