Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

I cannot get over the size/speed. This kid is only a rising junior...and already runs a 4.38!? He could conceivably be at a 4.3 flat by the time he gets to SU. That's insane.

I cannot get over the size/speed. This kid is only a rising junior...and already runs a 4.38!? He could conceivably be at a 4.3 flat by the time he gets to SU. That's insane.

I'm assuming this isn't one of the four commitments you were expecting this last weekend. ;)

This kid could turn out to be a stud. You guys over KJ Gray yet?

The staff has a plan, even though it might seem puzzling at times.
Scott Shafer and Co. work in mysterious ways... :rolleyes:

Doing my research right now and this seems like the offensive equivalent of it we landed mayden. This is a huge "next step" acquisition. If he stays, give adam a bonus.

I was as surprised as everyone else. I'm just worried that this might be another case of a FL kid who hasn't visited yet getting our hopes up. I'm afraid that once he blows up, we'll lose him to a higher profile school. I know he says he wants to come up this summer and visit, but we'll see. It seems too good to be true. Please prove me wrong. PLEASE!!
image.jpg

This kid could turn out to be a stud. You guys over KJ Gray yet?

The staff has a plan, even though it might seem puzzling at times.

I dont think anyone was jumping ship because the staff backed off of Gray. It was the comments on why that had some people scratching their heads. Davis looks legit just goign to be a big uphill climb to keep him committed.

I was as surprised as everyone else. I'm just worried that this might be another case of a FL kid who hasn't visited yet getting our hopes up. I'm afraid that once he blows up, we'll lose him to a higher profile school. I know he says he wants to come up this summer and visit, but we'll see. It seems too good to be true. Please prove me wrong. PLEASE!!
View attachment 46614

I wouldnt classify it as being a downer your just being realistic. Staff has a huge job ahead of them but they obviously know that. Either way you have to take the verbal and just put in the work to try and keep him commited. If he ends up decomitting it won't be a surpise we all know what kind of pressure and effect these FL kids can be put under if the big boys come calling. Just need to hope the staff can keep him onboard, an enormous get to say the least.

This staff is doing a great job on how people are viewing Syracuse. This kid could have easily backed off and waited if he truly didn't want to come to Syracuse. The fact that we have players like, Robert Washington, Rex Culpepper, and now Daewood Davis committed it shows people are taking us more serious. These are kids committed who could compete for the top programs in the nation and they are committing to Syracuse. This upcoming season is huge and if he have a good season I truly believe we start getting some studs on a regular basis. The staff is recruiting this good off a 3-9 season, let's have an 8-4 season and things are looking extremely good.

I get the sense this is different from all of the recruits McF***it brought in from Florida who eventually went elsewhere. This feels like all relationship between player and coach.

SU has a CJ major?

I thought the same thing, that is news to me. Though I thought I read where they reached an agreement to offer that in conjuction with another school, perhaps Utica College.

Would LOVE to get Apari Washington on board for 2017, that would definatly show recruits where this program is trending. I don't think that is out of the question either with RW on board. It would be really interesting if it was the 2017 class that turns into the big breakthrough class this program is waiting for!

Syracuse is thrilled to have you as part of ORANGENATION, welcome to your new home!

Now this is exciting!! I'll be the first to admit that I have been highly questionable about Adam's ability to coach the OL (and still am), but he certainly is proving to be very strong on the recruiting trail. You always need coaches on the staff who can relate to kids, and recruit the way he is showing he can. Hopefully the OL goes back to 2012-14 form, but if it doesn't he has shown enough on the trail that he deserves a spot on the staff. If it comes to it maybe a bit of a reshuffling?

More background on his original commitment to Miami. This is an independent site, and their beat writer claims Davis tried to commit over Twitter or by text, but coaches can't communicate that way with rising Jrs. until September 1. He may also have been offered by an assistant without the approval of Golden, who did not accept the commit because he was unaware of the staff's interest in Davis.

Also, according to the chatter, he has a 2.8 Core GPA.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/88167

6-2, with 4.38 speed? Yes, please.

That's what we call legit NFL size and speed folks. This is one heck of snag for us and we should Thank our stars he's picked us.

The fact he had a dream about wearing our jersey and playing for a title tells me that he is all in. Sure it won't be easy to hang on to him, but this is definitely the enviable position to be in.

4 commits in 5 days! Good to be us today fellas.

#OrangeRising