Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Yikes

2 things:

1. Wow. Here is the homerun threat we have been searching for.
2. Who is that QB? Great deep ball, and accurate on the bubble screen. Don't know anything about him, but he does those 2 things better then anyone we suited up last year.

Man, what a shame this kid isn't class of 2016. It is going to be really difficult hanging onto him for 20 months or so.

This is the type of dynamic playmaker we need to start landing. Hope we can keep this kid Orange.

Give credit when its due. This commitment is the type of athlete you need on offense. I love it when I see offers from Louisville, Nebraska, Duke, NC State. This kid has pro size and speed potential. Too bad he wasn't class of 2016.
He is the ballpark of the RW and Culpepper.

Give credit when its due. This commitment is the type of athlete you need on offense. I love it when I see offers from Louisville, Nebraska, Duke, NC State. This kid has pro size and speed potential. Too bad he wasn't class of 2016.
He is the ballpark of the RW and Culpepper.

I wonder who from NCSU might've been recruiting this WR from Florida? Things that make ya go Hmmmm

Rocco said:
This kid could turn out to be a stud. You guys over KJ Gray yet? The staff has a plan, even though it might seem puzzling at times.

Well, a long ways before we secure him.

But we were saying they need some stud receivers. A few said we had plenty and others said we would "scheme" a way to get receivers open.

I'm glad to see the staff realizes we need some burners.

Nice job.

Now get him signed.

Is Bailey serious with that headline? "Syracuse football lands 1st Class of 2017 commit in WR Daewood Davis, who Miami passed on 2 weeks ago."

There is absolutely no need for that.

At some point, you just have to shrug your shoulders and ignore it. Those newbie journos from the PS seem to be from the sensationalism / controversey school of sports reporting. My opinion only, but Bailey isn't fit to shine Dave Rahme's shoes.

RF2044 said:
At some point, you just have to shrug your shoulders and ignore it. Those newbie journos from the PS seem to be from the sensationalism / negativity school of sports reporting. My opinion only, but Bailey isn't fit to shine Dave Rahme's shoes.

Rahme had strengths through experience that Bailey hasn't developed.

But Bailey kills it with recruiting.

Webb and Rahme had little interest in following recruiting. Too much effort.

Is Bailey serious with that headline? "Syracuse football lands 1st Class of 2017 commit in WR Daewood Davis, who Miami passed on 2 weeks ago."

There is absolutely no need for that.
But they did. And Bailey didn't write the headline. There's a team that writes headlines and moves content around on the front page.

Rahme had strengths through experience that Bailey hasn't developed.

But Bailey kills it with recruiting.

Webb and Rahme had little interest in following recruiting. Too much effort.

So that gives him the right to be a negative nancy?

WGAF who wrote the headline, IT IS A JOKE. Take out Bailey and insert the PS.
What's so bad about it? The false perception that the Syracuse Media Group actively roots against the athletics program or views it as second rate? I've worked in the news. No one has the time or the energy in local news to come up with the mass conspiracies that are assigned to them.

It's a crummy headline someone wrote wrote in a boiler plate. It means nothing.

What's so bad about it? The false perception that the Syracuse Media Group actively roots against the athletics program or views it as second rate? I've worked in the news. No one has the time or the energy in local news to come up with the mass conspiracies that are assigned to them.

It's a crummy headline someone wrote wrote in a boiler plate. It means nothing.
There's no false perception. I've been told flat out that the writers are instructed to take negative angles to stir the pot and create clicks.

There's no false perception. I've been told flat out that the writers are instructed to take negative angles to stir the pot and create clicks.

I am literally floored, I never would have expected that after reading the PS lately. :rolling:

That's what Axe and Carlson are for- More op-ed pieces that generate conversation and debate (or negative takes if you will). Bailey is just reporting the news here.

jekelish said:

A lot of truth here.

Not the same business I left.