Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

A lot of truth here.

Not the same business I left.
Yeah, there's a reason I'm okay with the fact that the AP is moving toward automated press releases. Bias is actually encouraged in journalism these days. At its core, a piece of news - when you're just reporting news - should be Joe Friday, "Just the facts." But yeah...I'm told that the editorial staff for the PS frowns on any positive takes on things, and that negativity is encouraged whenever possible.

AWESOME GET!!!

Like everyone else, I do worry about being able to keep him on board for another 20 or so months. We really have to hope SS and his staff start seeing results on the field or we're facing two possible times for change. But enough of that, welcome about Davis and I'm really enjoying reading what he's been saying.

Amusing to watch all of the staff's recruiting effort haters backtracking on this one. Did we have a turnover in staff from 3 days ago? Sure seems like it based upon all of the kudos in this thread.

Stay the course HCSS, stay the course. The AD is with you. Get 6 and ink your extension.

I got a follow from Coach Adam out of the blue this morning around 8 am. He must have been excited about this commit today lol. Fellas inital thoughts are DD is very talented, speed, hands and all that. He lives in the state of Florida, we cant freak out every time we hear of coaches at his school, 7v7 events on college campuses, team trips to colleges, officials trips, retweets of other schools. These things are gonna happen no matter what. Adam seems to have a great relationship with him and his coach. As long as he continues to build that relationship, it will be hard for DD to tell Adam that he is going somewhere other than SU.

http://dailyorange.com/2015/06/2017...eam-of-national-championship-fueled-decision/

2017 commit Daewood Davis says dream of national championship fueled decision

By Sam BlumSports Editor
7 minutes ago
Daewood Davis had just finished up a long practice. He had the stress of football on his mind, which was only compounded by the stress of recruitment.

He got home and dozed off to sleep. His sleeping mind wandered to years past the present. He was a national champion, and he was playing for Syracuse.

“I was in the national championship, and then I was on stage holding up the national championship trophy,” Davis said. “And then I woke up…and after that it clicked.”

Davis, a wide receiver from Florida, became the first commit in the Class of 2017 for Syracuse on Monday. His commitment came while Syracuse is still trying to fill spots for its Class of 2016. He chose the Orange over offers from Louisville, North Carolina State and Nebraska, among others, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site..

“I wanted to commit before my season started,” Davis said. “I (wanted to build a relationship) with the coaches and the players early.”

Davis said he told his mom about his decision on Sunday night, and she supported him completely. His only contact with SU football outside of recruiter Joe Adam was a phone conversation with Bobby Acosta on Monday. He has yet to visit Syracuse and said he keeps up with the football program “a little bit.”

But he said Adam and him became “best of friends” with Adam telling Davis that he was like current SU receiver Steve Ishmael, who is also from Florida. Davis said that when Adam first saw his highlight tape he was “shocked.”

Said Davis: “I think Syracuse is the place for me.”

Daewood, welcome to the Syracuse Football family!

Daewood-Davis.jpg

Ugh. Another one to commit from Florida without seeing the school. Chances this sticks for a year and a half: 20%

http://dailyorange.com/2015/06/2017...eam-of-national-championship-fueled-decision/

By Sam BlumSports Editor
7 minutes ago
Daewood Davis had just finished up a long practice. He had the stress of football on his mind, which was only compounded by the stress of recruitment.

He got home and dozed off to sleep. His sleeping mind wandered to years past the present. He was a national champion, and he was playing for Syracuse.

“I was in the national championship, and then I was on stage holding up the national championship trophy,” Davis said. “And then I woke up…and after that it clicked.”

Davis, a wide receiver from Florida, became the first commit in the Class of 2017 for Syracuse on Monday. His commitment came while Syracuse is still trying to fill spots for its Class of 2016. He chose the Orange over offers from Louisville, North Carolina State and Nebraska, among others, according to . . . . . . . . . .

“I wanted to commit before my season started,” Davis said. “I (wanted to build a relationship) with the coaches and the players early.”

Davis said he told his mom about his decision on Sunday night, and she supported him completely. His only contact with SU football outside of recruiter Joe Adam was a phone conversation with Bobby Acosta on Monday. He has yet to visit Syracuse and said he keeps up with the football program “a little bit.”

But he said Adam and him became “best of friends” with Adam telling Davis that he was like current SU receiver Steve Ishmael, who is also from Florida. Davis said that when Adam first saw his highlight tape he was “shocked.”

Sounds like an excellent relationship is already in place with Joe Adam. Who h is great news for us. Still love that he had the dream and has its foundation in SU glory.

I cannot get over the size/speed. This kid is only a rising junior...and already runs a 4.38!? He could conceivably be at a 4.3 flat by the time he gets to SU. That's insane.
His QB looks pretty good throwing the ball...D-1 material?

By Sam BlumSports Editor
7 minutes ago

Davis, a wide receiver from Florida, became the first commit in the Class of 2017 for Syracuse on Monday. His commitment came while Syracuse is still trying to fill spots for its Class of 2016. He chose the Orange over offers from Louisville, North Carolina State and Nebraska, among others, according to . . . . . . . . . .

Quotation-Lionel-Richie-dream-Meetville-Quotes-186893.jpg

Last edited:
We've had bad luck with our last two D. Davis's, Defarrel didn't qualify and Davante flipped. Hope Daewood breaks the trend!

Dyshawn Davis though? Currently a Redskin as a UDFA.

I am really excited about this kid. These are the types of WR's we need. Not munchkins. This is a great, great start to 2017.