Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Ugh. Another one to commit from Florida without seeing the school. Chances this sticks for a year and a half: 20%

many florida kids have committed to syracuse without first visiting. Marquez Hodge is one recent. This kid may go someplace else but it wont be because he hasn't visited.

jekelish

I know it's early yet and the kids just going into his junior year in high school. But with speed and size like he already has, do you think he's the same level recruit as Ish was for us? Or do you think, like I'm starting to think, this kids a whole other level of crazy good?

jekelish

I know it's early yet and the kids just going into his junior year in high school. But with speed and size like he already has, do you think he's the same level recruit as Ish was for us? Or do you think, like I'm starting to think, this kids a whole other level of crazy good?
I think that when it's all said and done, he'll be more highly regarded than Ishmael was. Keep in mind, Ish was a 3-star guy, but Davis already has as many big offers as Ish did when he was a senior, and he's got 4.38 speed. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ish, but I think he'll wind up being more highly rated.

I think that when it's all said and done, he'll be more highly regarded than Ishmael was. Keep in mind, Ish was a 3-star guy, but Davis already has as many big offers as Ish did when he was a senior, and he's got 4.38 speed. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ish, but I think he'll wind up being more highly rated.

If he's got the hands to go with the speed, then we should be doing cartwheels here.

Kids got a big smile and big talent, could be a fan favorite quick.

He got any teammates in the fold for 2016 or 17

Why don't we ever get recruits as early as other teams! Aaaarrrrgggghhh!
image.jpg

How are we ever going to hang on to a recruit for a year and a half, Wah...
image.jpg

IMO once DD visits campus he won't flip.

- The Family atmosphere SS's staff has created is genuinely special
- a Syracuse Degree outdoes any Florida school for life after football
- Shafer does a tremendous job supporting his student-athletes to succeed in class
- He has an incredible opportunity to step in and play as a true frosh
- his speed + Dome Turf = Mad TD's
- Finally once he sees that he can be a major star in NY he won't pass that up

We just need to get him up here sooner than later so he can see all this in person

We talked about perspective when we got a commit from Robert Washington. How that looked to prospects that the staff was able to get Robert, who had so many big time offers, to commit to Syracuse. Well Daewoods commit goes to perspective also. This is what other schools are able to do...get commits from the next recruiting cycle to commit this early because they are excited to play at Syracuse. Now I don't know if we hold on to him or not but I am sure that the staff is going to work hard at it.

Miami and Tampa are about 5 hours from each other but I'm guessing Deawood and Rex will end up at a couple of the same camps. Hopefully they can link up this year.

Miami and Tampa are about 5 hours from each other but I'm guessing Deawood and Rex will end up at a couple of the same camps. Hopefully they can link up this year.
Is Rex even doing camps this summer? I know he's going to be an early enrollee, so perhaps that's not his focus this summer?

Kid says hes having dreams of bringing home a championship with the orange