Class of 2017 - ATH Eric Coley (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Eric Coley (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I don't know everything but yes that is Stritzinger and Whitey did post in his thread on Thursday that he was visiting this weekend.
I hope they give Stritz a chance at RB. This kid can motor. He may end up at DB but would like to see him as a running back. Popcorn and soda

F-M set to introduce SU Football commit Eric Coley in 2016 (cnycentral.com; Hauswirth)

Fayetteville-Manlius is trending upward ahead of the 2016 high school football season, especially after adding a future Syracuse University student-athlete.

Eric Coley will star for the Hornets this season. He arrives at F-M from the state of Michigan. The reason for his arrival to the Central New York area is because of his father's new job.

Vinson Reynolds, the new SU defensive line coach under Dino Babers, took the job with the Orange when Babers was assembling his staff. Coley then committed to the Orange upon his arrival to Syracuse.

I don't know if he will get a chance at RB and I think he is being brought in as a DB, but our current single RB committ only has like 200 yards this whole year.

Nah, keep him at DB where his athleticism / size will enhance our capabilities in coverage.

I don't know if he will get a chance at RB and I think he is being brought in as a DB, but our current single RB committ only has like 200 yards this whole year.
Upstate NY football offers very weak competition. Not saying those aren't impressive stats, they certainly are, but I tend to look at stats in this neck of the woods with a grain of salt.
Definitely need athletes in our secondary. RB will work itself out with improved line play.

Upstate NY football offers very weak competition. Not saying those aren't impressive stats, they certainly are, but I tend to look at stats in this neck of the woods with a grain of salt.
Definitely need athletes in our secondary. RB will work itself out with improved line play.

Mike Hart says hi

Then perhaps you need to look at his stats when he played in Michigan. Remember he also played QB there.

Eric Coley @ Portage Northern High School - MLive.com

Mike Hart says hi
Plenty of exceptions. The exception to the extreme rule. Michigan has good hs ball, I didn't realize he played there. However, NY, especially upstate, is among the weakest in the whole country for turning out D1 players. It's just a plain old fact. I'm not suggesting there is somethng in the water here, or the kids aren't athletic, but football in NY is not a priority. High schools are limited to 8 games not including playoffs. NY football players just don't get the same amount of game experience they do in other states. We are the third most populated state, yet we're usually around 24-30th in the amount of D1 players.
Where do college football players come from? - Football Study Hall

That's the point here. Coley's numbers are putting him into the exception category.
I'm not knockin' him, glad we got him. Can't deny the measureables and the stats. Passes the eye test. I just always view NY recruits a little differently because going from a school in Upstate NY to a D1 school may be a bigger adjustment than a kid coming in from NJ, or Pa, or Fla.

I'm not knockin' him, glad we got him. Can't deny the measureables and the stats. Passes the eye test. I just always view NY recruits a little differently because going from a school in Upstate NY to a D1 school may be a bigger adjustment than a kid coming in from NJ, or Pa, or Fla.
But he isn't a true NY recruit. He is actually a kid who played in Michigan who is playing his senior year in NY.

An athlete is an athlete... No matter what city or state they come from.

Very valid, very fair. But one only needs to look at Art and Chandler Jones as recent Syracuse examples who passed the eye test playing against subpar competition in Upstate NY HS Football. And Ashton Broyld, physically, had all the tools to be very good at the D1 level. He might be a decent on the field comp to Coley.

But he isn't a true NY recruit. He is actually a kid who played in Michigan who is playing his senior year in NY.

An athlete is an athlete... No matter what city or state they come from.

Agreed with all three. If a kid has the athletic chops, they have the athletic chops.

But earlier in this thread, somebody was using stats to discuss whether Coley should play RB here. That's where the level of competition factors in.

Section 3 had a few down years recently but there are a bunch of D1 kids in the section this year and other high quality players

CBA has 3-4 D1 kids alone.

You can see all the D1 kids tonight on TW. CBA vs FM and Eric (the sec III destroyer) Coley.

TOS guy tweeted out highlights from the game. Quiet night from Coley and FM got blown out.

Looks like Stevie Scott was the player of the game.

Last edited: