Class of 2017 - ATH Isaiah McDuffie (NY) Committed to BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Isaiah McDuffie (NY) Committed to BC

Hey money3189 you know anything about this kid?
Another good early commit. Looks like a very good LB prospect who can blow up into a regional or even a national recruit. Great early find and yes Jekelish, I know a little. He was going to tranfer to local private Canisius but I guess he decided not to. Probably because of his dad being his coach. I met his uncle at one of the SU camps when he brought his son. He likes to talk lol. and he is very confident in his son's ability. Not sure if SU is recruiting him too.

Last edited:
Another good early commit. Looks like a very good LB prospect who can blow up into a regional or even a national recruit. Great early find and yes Jekelish, I know a little. He was going to tranfer to local private Canisius but I guess he decided not to. Probably because of his dad being his coach. I met his uncle at one of the SU camps when he brought his son. He likes to talk lol. and he is very confident in his son's ability. From what I saw his son looks more like a FB/DT but moves very well for his size. Not sure if SU is recruiting him too.
Is his son also class of 2017?

Free Article..

In-state Athlete Joins Syracuse's 2017 Class

Syracuse has picked up their second commitment from the class of 2017. Buffalo (N.Y.) Bennett High athlete Isaiah McDuffie pulled the trigger on Monday a source told CuseNation.com. He joins three-star wide receiver Daewood Davis as early pickups for the Orange.
”I just felt like it was the right place for me,” McDuffie said. “I really love the coaches. I like the linebacker coach (Clark Lea) and I like the head coach (Scott Shafer) a lot. They make it feel like a family atmosphere. And I like the defensive coordinator (Chuck Bullough).”
Bullough is McDuffie’s primary recruiter as he is responsible for Western New York. Syracuse fell in love with McDuffie during a camp this summer and immediately made him a priority. His athleticism and positional versatility are big reasons why the Orange wanted him.
”They’re looking at me as an outside linebacker or safety,” McDuffie said. “They said I’m versatile basically.”
Also important was Syracuse’s proximity to his home in Buffalo. He wants to be able to play in front of friends and family while helping build up the big in-state school.
”That was very important,” McDuffie said. “That was the decision I wanted to stay close to home.”
McDuffie chose Syracuse over offers from Buffalo, Connecticut, Penn State and Washington, he said. Washington is not a school that traditionally recruits in New York. They offered when they saw him during the Sound Mind Sound Body camp in Detroit this summer.
Being a class of 2017 prospect, it is still very early in the cycle. That begs the logical question of interest from other schools and potential visits. According to Isaiah’s father and high school head coach, Steve McDuffie, the focus going forward is on Syracuse and getting better.
”We’re at the point where we’re pretty much settled down and focused on Syracuse University,” Steve McDuffie said. “We’re very happy, like he said, he with the coaching staff. We’re happy with the head coach, the defensive coordinator and the linebackers coach. We really feel that the linebackers coach is one of the best linebacker coaches in the country. That’s pretty much where we’re at.
”Right now Isaiah’s focus is to pretty much become, because he was a first team all-state player this year as a sophomore, his focus is becoming an All-American. Helping to lead Syracuse to an ACC Championship.”

My philosophy: you can never have enough good ahletes, on either side of the ball.

Quality "get," no matter what position he ends up playing [kudos to everyone who pegged him on film as a LB or S -- from that free article, it sounds as though that's exactly where he'll play].

Mike M. at Skout confirmed offers from Penn St., Washington, and UCONN.

I have a feeling this kid is going to be a monster for us if he stays healthy. He's going to be a nightmare for our opponents at the SAM.

4star material imo.

Kid could easily be 6'2 225 before he even steps foot on campus. Combine that size with his speed and athleticism and we have ourselves an elite athlete at the LB position.

4star material imo.

Kid could easily be 6'2 225 before he even steps foot on campus. Combine that size with his speed and athleticism and we have ourselves an elite athlete at the LB position.

A WNY early commit to...Syracuse University... that has 4 star size and talent in the works...

Mark him as a 2 star.

BUFFALO! Nice. Shafer and Marrone have not recruited WNY well at all. All the big recruits haven't even really considered SU. As a Buffalo guy, love to see us get this kid who looks like a stud. We have to start beating PSU and ND in Buffalo and Rochester. Sections 5 and 6 seems to have consistently the best football programs in the state.

BUFFALO! Nice. Shafer and Marrone have not recruited WNY well at all. All the big recruits haven't even really considered SU. As a Buffalo guy, love to see us get this kid who looks like a stud. We have to start beating PSU and ND in Buffalo and Rochester. Sections 5 and 6 seems to have consistently the best football programs in the state.

I hope a part of this early commit by a coach's son is NYS, and national, coaches seeing how their top players are getting treated at these other programs (poorly). Then comparing it to how we have been developing and improving their lower rated guys into solid DI players, as well as a few draft picks, and taking care of them and their academics regardless of injury or playing time.

http://www.At their request, this n...use/story/1565294-coach-speak-isaiah-McDuffie

Free Article...

Coach Speak: Isaiah McDuffie

Buffalo (N.Y.) Bennett High athlete Isaiah McDuffie committed to Syracuse on Monday. He is the second class of 2017 prospect to choose the Orange, and represents a nice in-state win for the coaching staff.
He is coming to Syracuse to play on the defensive side of the ball. How does he fit and what are the Orange getting? We spoke to his high school head coach, and father, Steve McDuffie to find out.
”Isaiah as a sophomore rushed for 1,375-yards and he had 23 touchdowns,” McDuffie said. “He also had 161 tackles, four sacks and two interceptions. They’re going to get a very, very explosive kid. He’s going to be a defensive player for Syracuse. Where Isaiah is really gifted is in the box. He can tackle very well and he hits very hard. But he also is a ball hawk and he can also cover.
”I know football has turned to a game that’s looking for guys that can play that safety/linebacker type. The SAM backer in the box who can tackle and can cover. Isaiah is a very, very explosive player. I think Syracuse fans will be surprised. Hopefully, this is the start of Syracuse coming back and hopefully they can win an ACC Championship while he’s there.”
Entering his junior season, despite a lot of desirable traits, there are some things that Isaiah will continue to try to improve. Specifically, his speed and coverage skills. Improving in those areas should make him ready to contribute right away when he arrives on The Hill.
”His fastest (40) time this year was a 4.53,” McDuffie said. “We’re trying to get that down into 4.4 area. We’re also trying to work with him on getting better and better in coverage. I just believe he’s a very aggressive player who’s a ball hawk. So we have to get him better in coverage so when it comes to Syracuse University, there won’t be a number two receiver in the country he can’t cover.”
The McDuffie’s are happy about their decision and will spend the rest of Isaiah’s high school career working towards prepping for the college game. He plans on visiting Syracuse for their game against LSU with the possibility he takes in more games during this coming season as well.
Beyond that, some trips to see spring ball will help Isaiah get a better feel for how things are run at Syracuse in order to prepare himself even further for his time with the Orange.
”His focus is on getting better so that when he gets to Syracuse, he can help them out as much as possible,” McDuffie said. “We’re just very, very happy and very, very honored about the commitment itself. This is where he’s going to spend the next four or five years of his life when he’s done here. His focus is definitely on becoming a better player and a better young man.”

Heather Prusak ‏@haprusak 13m13 minutes ago
Bennett star Isaiah McDuffie has verbally committed to Syracuse University in 2017. He'll play linebacker for the Orange. @WGRZ @Cuse

Heather Prusak ‏@haprusak 6m6 minutes ago
Isaiah will only be a junior this year at Bennett but I spoke with his dad, Steve McDuffie, and he said he wanted to get it out of the way

Isaiah, welcome to the Syracuse football family!

101213_CW_Football1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom