Class of 2017 - ATH Isaiah McDuffie (NY) Committed to BC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Isaiah McDuffie (NY) Committed to BC

aahh, his dad is still taller than him in a picture earlier in the thread. Let's hope he is still growing.

To be fair there looks to be a small slope in that hill. If there is a 15 degree slope i'd still put him at 6'1 at very least Oh Lord. He will be perfect LB size by yime he gets here. Kid is a stud.

Looks like he'd be a monster safety. Especially looking at those 2 picks, he must have decent/soft hands.

I would think you have to take talent like this and find a place for him to play?

The KID is only a jr and he's 6'1" 205+ lbs.. How big is he supposed to be. Is he even 17 yet?

The kid will be bigger by the time he puts on a SU jersey.. Let's not start this "he's too small" stuff already.
He has a greater shot at an immediate impact at the Safety position imo. We'll still have Franklin, Henderson, Thomas, Cullen, Bennet among many others by his freshman year.

He has a greater shot at an immediate impact at the Safety position imo. We'll still have Franklin, Henderson, Thomas, Cullen, Bennet among many others by his freshman year.
Maybe he will be a safety.. Only time will tell

I'm just saying that it's hard to complain a jr in high school is too small when he hasn't really committed his body to football yet. I know I wasn't don't growing as a jr and I doubt he will be.

The kids favorite foods are probably still Hot Pockets and Lunchables.

Get the kid in the weight room with a SU S&C program to follow he will put on 10-15lbs without hardly trying.

Good luck to the staff in recruiting a slew of speedy 6-2, 225 pound linebackers. There's just not a lot of good ones out there, and I emphasize the speedy part because we're going to need that part in the ACC.

Who's the sophomore defensive lineman from erasmus? 6-4 290

McDuffie at 6-1 205 will easily play at 220

Good luck to the staff in recruiting a slew of speedy 6-2, 225 pound linebackers. There's just not a lot of good ones out there, and I emphasize the speedy part because we're going to need that part in the ACC.

there's a lot out there but they go to the factories. same with 6-0+ DB's. who the heck doesn't want bigger dbs.

back in the day, most of the LB's coach P brought in were in the 6-1 220 range, but to now recruit those prototype sized linebackers coming in to Syracuse as freshman just isn't going to happen. Go find 6-1, 6-2 200lb kids with speed and then put 15 to 20 lbs of muscle on them like McDuffie.

but just another reason why the tampa2 is dumb in college at a non-selector school. I completely understand the need to get bigger (I complained loudly about with our midget DBs and LB's) but to install a defense that requires it is risky.

The offense doesn't require factory size kids, so why run a defense that does? we're not in the big 10.

(edit) - nothing has indicated this staff will pass on McDuffie other than idle tongue in cheek ribbing about size.

PhatOrange said:
there's a lot out there but they go to the factories. same with 6-0+ DB's. who the heck doesn't want bigger dbs. back in the day, most of the LB's coach P brought in were in the 6-1 220 range, but to now recruit those prototype sized linebackers coming in to Syracuse as freshman just isn't going to happen. Go find 6-1, 6-2 200lb kids with speed and then put 15 to 20 lbs of muscle on them like McDuffie. but just another reason why the tampa2 is dumb in college at a non-selector school. I completely understand the need to get bigger (I complained loudly about with our midget DBs and LB's) but to install a defense that requires it is risky. The offense doesn't require factory size kids, so why run a defense that does? we're not in the big 10. (edit) - nothing has indicated this staff will pass on McDuffie other than idle tongue in cheek ribbing about size.

This is why I question passing on Parker.

The KID is only a jr and he's 6'1" 205+ lbs.. How big is he supposed to be. Is he even 17 yet?

The kid will be bigger by the time he puts on a SU jersey.. Let's not start this "he's too small" stuff already.
lol Fellas I just mentioned that to generate discussion. They seem to be looking at 6'2 and 6'3 backers. I have no inside info. Im hoping they dont get to picky since they seem to be with another instate LB. I preferably dont mind his size and dont think he is small at all. From watching his film He can play S or OLB

McDuffie is also a pretty damn good RB if I recall correctly.

So the new staff has reached out to him?

I would love to see him at RB, he is impressive and could be the power back that Babers loves if he can get up to 220.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom