Class of 2018 - ATH Jermaine Eskridge (FL) Decommitted from Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ATH Jermaine Eskridge (FL) Decommitted from Kentucky

Any relation?
Sounds like he is his cousin. Too bad Durell wasn't here another year to help swing him our way.

Edit: OK maybe that wouldn't help that much. Didn't realize he is a '18 kid. Would have been nice to at least help get him to visit us.

Last edited:
Got a weird feeling that this recruitments going to be a circus if we stay involved. He's a 2018 and already 6'3 180...what an athlete.

Odd place to commit for football with other options on the table. Had he visited there or anywhere else?
Kentucky is on an enormous roll right now. I'm predicting they'll be our biggest challenger for Aapri Washington.

Kentucky is on an enormous roll right now. I'm predicting they'll be our biggest challenger for Aapri Washington.
So there is no heat on Stoops' seat? He's brought in good recruits and has them on the mind of lots of prospects, but is there no pressure for on field results? Who knows if he's there when this kid is at the table to sign?

NJCuse97 said:
So there is no heat on Stoops' seat? He's brought in good recruits and has them on the mind of lots of prospects, but is there no pressure for on field results? Who knows if he's there when this kid is at the table to sign?

Stoops is nowhere near being on the hot seat

I would say with the commitment from Moe makes our chance of getting Aapri that much more likely.

A kid from 2018 already verbally committed to a place doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. I hope we stay on top of this one.

A kid from 2018 already verbally committed to a place doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. I hope we stay on top of this one.

I've been here (on the board) long enough to see 4 coaches. So Its safe to say we have been close to turning the corner about 275 times in that time span. That being said it sure does feel that we are on the damn corner now and just need to capitalize. Closest we have been IMO since Marrone's last year (winning record - 2nd Bowl in three years, road win vs. SEC) , then we got donkey punched by Marrone himself.

We deserve it, its time.

He has offers from all three big in state schools, how the heck did Kentucky pull a commit, albeit super early and likely not lasting, from this kid?

He has offers from all three big in state schools, how the heck did Kentucky pull a commit, albeit super early and likely not lasting, from this kid?

Same reason kids from NYS leave here. Some kids want to get away. Plus if he lived near Durrel, you should find the piece the ACC did on Durrell and you will understand why anyone would want to get out of there. Sometimes you have look around and be thankful for what you have and wonder if there is something we can do to help.

Anyways.

Same reason kids from NYS leave here. Some kids want to get away. Plus if he lived near Durrel, you should find the piece the ACC did on Durrell and you will understand why anyone would want to get out of there. Sometimes you have look around and be thankful for what you have and wonder if there is something we can do to help.

Anyways.
Durrel is from South Florida and this kid is from the Tampa Bay area.

How did they land him? Hmmm...

1420330780832.gif

gotcha - thanks
I should have mentioned that there are plenty of shatty neighborhoods in the Tampa Bay area also. I didn't mean to imply that their circumstances couldn't be similar simply because of the geography.