Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Hard to believe Kenterius had no offers and I guess is also unrated. He certainly has all the tools and is a gifted athlete. He seems like a really nice kid. The more I read the more I like him. Oh yes, did I mention that he's smart and I really like smart?

Kudos to the staff for bringing in two good QB prospects that seem like good students and good kids.

Makes me smile to see how happy he is to be Orange. Always nice when good things happen to nice people.

Could he be the one?
Both Multi-sport stars, too. As was Hunt, interestingly enough. His Christ the King bball team was no joke.

Joe Adam @CoachJoeAdam · 10h10 hours ago

Welcome @KenteriusWomack to the
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
life. You are proof that star ratings don't matter when you are a star ! #CuseNation

Wow, that was impressive film. He has some flaws to be sure...you can tell he hasn't been playing QB very long. His footwork is a mess, he throws off the wrong foot a lot, once he gets any pressure, he always runs and his arm strength isn't top notch yet. And he is pretty darned skinny right now...has a lot of work to do in the weight room.

But wow, his ceiling is really high.

Really nice touch on his fade passes. Looks poised, patient and comfortable in the pocket...they didn't use rollout pass plays almost at all. Looks like his height is legit and he can really eat up a lot of space in a hurry with those super long strides he takes.

Looking at the 2 QBs we took in this class, both have size, speed, athletic ability, good touch on their passes and both are excellent students. The last QB we had that was an excellent student was Nassib. It is a pretty important attribute to have in a QB. I think both of these guys are in a different category than any other QB on the roster, even Hunt. Neither will be ready for a year or two but if they can stay healthy, eligible and work hard on and off the field, both can be pretty special players for us.

640px-Luverne%2C_Alabama.JPG

Thanks Luverne, appreciate you producing such a promising future Orangeman.

The kid reminds me a ton of Hunt when he was in HS only faster. They both seem to have really good vision and quicks. This kid seems faster.
KW is far, far more athletic than TH and he has a much stronger arm. Remember, TH runs a 4.9 forty.

KW appears to be as explosive as any player on the roster. Assuming he has good hands, he could move to WR and immediately make the 2-deep. Athletes with Womack's natural ability don't land in your lap every day...what a find!

Was it Syracuse.com? Biggest bunch of !@$holes ever gathered in one place. I kid you not when I say that if I ever meet any one of the d-bags that post over in the sports section, I will most likely end up on prison.

bcubs9497, you don't have to worry about that happening, they don't ever leave their parents basements.

Was it Syracuse.com? Biggest bunch of !@$holes ever gathered in one place. I kid you not when I say that if I ever meet any one of the d-bags that post over in the sports section, I will most likely end up on prison.

It's like Camden, NJ.

Keep the windows rolled up, and don't stop for any lights. :p

Apparently I've missed part of the story. Why did he suddenly blow up the last two weeks when he couldn't even get one offer previously? Did they just put out a highlight reel for him now? Something else? Certainly happy we got him though.

Pig Womack >Porkchop Womack. Future spokesman for Dinosaur BBQ?

Apparently I've missed part of the story. Why did he suddenly blow up the last two weeks when he couldn't even get one offer previously? Did they just put out a highlight reel for him now? Something else? Certainly happy we got him though.

Pig Womack >Porkchop Womack. Future spokesman for Dinosaur BBQ?

Because, somehow, his highlights were finally watched. It's incredibly difficult for kids from no-name schools to break through. There's an extreme bias against them.

Just seems odd that nobody looked at his highlights until now and suddenly 50-1oo schools contact him? Thought there was more to it that suddenly got the dam to burst. I'll take it though. Kid looks like a player.

This has to be a function of a bunch of teams with signing day disappointments or surprises. Not unlike us, you've suddenly got a spot available, you didn't fill that need the way you thought you would, and that's when you say, lets take a good look at who's still out there and try to find that one that fell through the cracks. I just assume other teams felt they had their needs filled or their attention elsewhere and did their own "shut it down". Smaller school, less press, highly regarded competition getting all the interest. I would also assume some of it is a function of his coaches not being as well connected and maybe the rest of his team not having many prospects. How many times have we got on a recruit because we were first enticed by someone else at the school, and we were looking for an avenue to create a relationship with the coaching staff or the other kid?

Might have something to do with his baseball ability too (sorry if that was mentioned somewhere in the thread). Could be that school's were backing off because he was such a hot baseball prospect?

Just seems odd that nobody looked at his highlights until now and suddenly 50-1oo schools contact him? Thought there was more to it that suddenly got the dam to burst. I'll take it though. Kid looks like a player.
Could also be a chain effect. A couple coaches see the film and get involved, and then squatters from other schools see the trend and jump in.

It is odd but who knew about Bromley until the NYC All Star game in June 2 months before camp? Couple that with a P5 school taking the plunge and making an offer and then word gets out.

It seems to me we tried to keep this on the down low and made it happen quickly. Had we not gotten that first visit he'd probably be headed somewhere else and I'm shocked they got his signature before he left.

"I’m just glad I’m able to make people back home happy.”

That says a lot about the kid right there. Give him some time to learn the play book and get into SU's S&C program and give him a shot at QB. If it doesn't work out, then see where you can take advantage of his athleticism. He's smart and has some experience as both a WR and DB. From what I'm guessing, he'll see the field for SU, it's only a matter of at which position.

Welcome aboard!

This staff could do wonders with an early signing period.

They are able to detect talent, create relationships and act fast to get what they want/need.

Impressive stuff. Really hope we can win consistently.