Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

I actually thought that you weren't allowed to sign an LOI on campus so I was a bit surprised to see that happened, but I'm happy the staff got it done.

I didn't think recruits needed parental signiture if they were already 18. Not sure how old Mr Womack is but could that be the difference?

I actually thought that you weren't allowed to sign an LOI on campus so I was a bit surprised to see that happened, but I'm happy the staff got it done.

Actually, Shafer quoting the kid's grades was what caught my attention

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...dubose-resigns-from-high-school-coaching-job/

Looks like the coach just resigned, but i found it shocking that a former HC at Alabama couldn't get this kid some looks on the college level. Makes you wonder if this kid had his mind set on playing another sport and decided last minute to get himself out there.
That is interesting ...something's not right. A kid who has talent AND there coach coached at 'Bama shouldn't slip through the cracks. There has to be an explaination. Very curious.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...dubose-resigns-from-high-school-coaching-job/

Looks like the coach just resigned, but i found it shocking that a former HC at Alabama couldn't get this kid some looks on the college level. Makes you wonder if this kid had his mind set on playing another sport and decided last minute to get himself out there.

The Dubose Era at Alabama was not a good one. A lot of it not Dubose's fault, but he bore the brunt of it, nonetheless. It wouldn't be hard to imagine his college connections being somewhat sparse. Again, not his fault, just the way things are.

Actually, Shafer quoting the kid's grades was what caught my attention

I'm kinda hoping they screwed up and melded HCSS's quotes with the high school coaches quotes and it was the HS coach who said that.

I'm kinda hoping they screwed up and melded HCSS's quotes with the high school coaches quotes and it was the HS coach who said that.

Damn we just ended an 8 year investigation - Here we go again. LOL

Is it permissible to receive a National Letter of Intent while on campus for an official or unofficial visit?
Yes. While under the terms of the NCAA and National Letter of Intent program a coach or institutional representative may not hand-deliver a National Letter of Intent off campus, there is nothing that precludes you from receiving a National Letter of Intent while on campus for an official visit. Please remember that you may only sign a National Letter of Intent during a permissible signing period. Furthermore, signing a National Letter of Intent is a big commitment. Accordingly, it is strongly suggested that you consult your parent or legal guardian in this decision-making process.

Last edited:

Yes they can if it is during the signing period during an OV.

It's all hype and speculation at this point….but imagine if this kid turns into a Donovan McNabb type player for the Cuse? He could help attract some serious athletic skill players to the Cuse. Size and speed…we need more of both!
Not sure about the comparisons, but he'll shirt, learn the system from the staff and watch Hunt on the field. Meanwhile, he'll be building his body in a D-1 weight program. At 210, or even 220 in 1-2 years, with his speed and a gun .. I doubt anyone's going to be thinking about the defensive secondary.

Last edited:
Not sure about the comparisons, but he'll shirt, learn the system from the staff and watch Hunt on the field. Meanwhile, he'll be building his body in a D-1 weight program. At 210, or even 220 in 1-2 years, with his speed and a gun .. I doubt anyone's going to be thinking about the defensive secondary.

If he gets that big...yowza...

Looks a lot like Jose Reyes in that photo. I bet he is one of his favorite players...
I thought the exact same thing when I saw that photo. In all honesty, at first, I thought the kid was just a big Reyes fan and then I realized it was him... lol.

Perhaps he's a fan of the chinese zodiac?

Not sure if it has been said as I have not read the whole thread yet. It was mentioned by his OC on syracuse.com that he was a fat baby and that is where the name came from.

Wow, that was impressive film. He has some flaws to be sure...you can tell he hasn't been playing QB very long. His footwork is a mess, he throws off the wrong foot a lot, once he gets any pressure, he always runs and his arm strength isn't top notch yet. And he is pretty darned skinny right now...has a lot of work to do in the weight room.

But wow, his ceiling is really high.

Really nice touch on his fade passes. Looks poised, patient and comfortable in the pocket...they didn't use rollout pass plays almost at all. Looks like his height is legit and he can really eat up a lot of space in a hurry with those super long strides he takes.

Looking at the 2 QBs we took in this class, both have size, speed, athletic ability, good touch on their passes and both are excellent students. The last QB we had that was an excellent student was Nassib. It is a pretty important attribute to have in a QB. I think both of these guys are in a different category than any other QB on the roster, even Hunt. Neither will be ready for a year or two but if they can stay healthy, eligible and work hard on and off the field, both can be pretty special players for us.

640px-Luverne%2C_Alabama.JPG

Thanks Luverne, appreciate you producing such a promising future Orangeman.

Thanks for your thoughts, Tom. I must confess that while I can see if a throw is off the back foot, or the QB is staring down a receiver or taking off too quickly, I realize that when I look at video, I have layman's eyes. So, I always look forward to the views of those with a more practiced eye, especially yours.

That said, I got the same impression as you. At first, I thought boy, this kid is very raw and I don't see what the fuss is all about. Some of the throws were on-target laser beams and others made wide open receivers slow down almost to a stop.

The more I watched the more he displayed some flashes of athleticism that made me pause and rewind. As I watched, I was thinking this is not what we will see in a year (perhaps two, but maybe only one). He will certainly add 15 pounds of muscle and we will have a smart 6'3" 200 pound QB that runs the forty in 4.5ish. He throws a good long ball (bless you KW). He is much quicker than Hunt and he may have as good an arm as Wilson.

The romantic in me (just a tiny bit) sees this as serendipity that may be just the thing the program needs to propel us up a notch. On a Monday, Joe Adam, our guards and centers coach, watched three or four plays on his video and sent it to Tim Lester, who quickly showed it to HCSS. Womack was on campus Wednesday afternoon and he signed his LOI on Thursday. There are a couple of good points in this story. First, the harder our staff works, the luckier they seem to get on the recruiting trail. Secondly, our staff knows what they are looking at when they watch HS video and are not afraid to act quickly.

Just seems to be a match made in heaven - we needed each other. If we had found him early and offered, he would have 5 or 6 D1 or P5 offers. Probably at least a 3-star. I am more excited about Kenterius than I have any other QB recruit in many years.

Thanks for your thoughts, Tom. I must confess that while I can see if a throw is off the back foot, or the QB is staring down a receiver or taking off too quickly, I realize that when I look at video, I have layman's eyes. So, I always look forward to the views of those with a more practiced eye, especially yours.

That said, I got the same impression as you. At first, I thought boy, this kid is very raw and I don't see what the fuss is all about. Some of the throws were on-target laser beams and others made wide open receivers slow down almost to a stop.

The more I watched the more he displayed some flashes of athleticism that made me pause and rewind. As I watched, I was thinking this is not what we will see in a year (perhaps two, but maybe only one). He will certainly add 15 pounds of muscle and we will have a smart 6'3" 200 pound QB that runs the forty in 4.5ish. He throws a good long ball (bless you KW). He is much quicker than Hunt and he may have as good an arm as Wilson.

The romantic in me (just a tiny bit) sees this as serendipity that may be just the thing the program needs to propel us up a notch. On a Monday, Joe Adam, our guards and centers coach, watched three or four plays on his video and sent it to Tim Lester, who quickly showed it to HCSS. Womack was on campus Wednesday afternoon and he signed his LOI on Thursday. There are a couple of good points in this story. First, the harder our staff works, the luckier they seem to get on the recruiting trail. Secondly, our staff knows what they are looking at when they watch HS video and are not afraid to act quickly.

Just seems to be a match made in heaven - we needed each other. If we had found him early and offered, he would have 5 or 6 D1 or P5 offers. Probably at least a 3-star. I am more excited about Kenterius than I have any other QB recruit in many years.

I really, really like Womack's potential and I am excited that the staff is giving a potentially elite athlete a shot at QB. The staff certainly deserves high praise for finding and signing a kid like this - absolutely no doubt about it. But, for me anyway, that excitement needs to balanced against the undeniable reality that they have not had much success in recruiting difference makers at QB. If it were going to happen for the program - catching QB lightening in a bottle - the Womack story is the perfect scenario. A kid from rural Alabama (of all places) that no one anywhere was recruiting, let alone heard of, falls from the sky and into our laps...

Just watched his highlight tape on Hudl. Very raw mechanics and footwork, but that can be tweaked. Love the offense his high school runs and thought he makes very good reads on that tape. Identifying single coverage and attacking it. Finding the hot read against the blitz. Throws a great deep ball, but needs to get more zip on the ball at the next level.

Love the way he gets north south and shoulders squared when he decides to run. He's got very good vision in space. Could be a great slot receiver if qb doesn't work out.

There's a lot to love on that tape. If he improves his arm strength he could be special. He looks very, very poised.

Love both QBs they brought in.

I really, really like Womack's potential and I am excited that the staff is giving a potentially elite athlete a shot at QB. The staff certainly deserves high praise for finding and signing a kid like this - absolutely no doubt about it. But, for me anyway, that excitement needs to balanced against the undeniable reality that they have not had much success in recruiting difference makers at QB. If it were going to happen for the program - catching QB lightening in a bottle - the Womack story is the perfect scenario. A kid from rural Alabama (of all places) that no one anywhere was recruiting, let alone heard of, falls from the sky and into our laps...
This staff's only QB recruits so far are Kimble (late replacement for the kid at TCU), Edouard (never made it here), Long, Dungey and Womack.
It's way too early to blame this staff for our lack of QB success.

AJ might turn into a serviceable QB but I think this year's recruits have more potential going forward. Let's see how they develop.

Maybe its an odd thing to notice but the thing that stuck out to me was t 2:37 of the 'Recruiting Film - QB/WR/DB' video on HUDL. I don't normally notice the 'keeping the feet moving in the pocket' while going through his progressions. Anyone else notice that? Is it more common and I just missed in in prior recruit videos?

This staff's only QB recruits so far are Kimble (late replacement for the kid at TCU), Edouard (never made it here), Long, Dungey and Womack.
It's way too early to blame this staff for our lack of QB success.

AJ might turn into a serviceable QB but I think this year's recruits have more potential going forward. Let's see how they develop.

Again, I am very excited about Womack's potential. I think I made that pretty clear. Dungey too, for that matter. Both look promising. Let's see how they develop.

As for the staff QBs that we have seen, they all entered with potential. Kimble is gone, Edouard never made it, and Long was thrown to the wolves and performed poorly overall. That IS the reality. I am not "blaming" this staff for our collective 20 year long inability to find a difference maker at QB (apart from Nassib).

007 said:
Again, I am very excited about Womack's potential. I think I made that pretty clear. Dungey too, for that matter. Both look promising. Let's see how they develop. As for the staff QBs that we have seen, they all entered with potential. Kimble is gone, Edouard never made it, and Long was thrown to the wolves and performed poorly overall. That IS the reality. I am not "blaming" this staff for our collective 20 year long inability to find a difference maker at QB (apart from Nassib).

It's all in how you frame it.

Kimble was late ad after a Z.Allen decommitted. Edouard didn't take care of his academics (not the coaches fault - and he still might be a great player, just not here). Long played as a true freshman with a banged up line, missing two of his top WR's. He may still grow into a player - he had moments.

Juries out on this staff and identifying QB talent. It might be 2016 until we have a realistic answer.

I know one thing. This thread started on Tuesday and by Saturday will reach 10. Thats got to be a record. I think most of us feel something special about this kid.