Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Very pleased with the Bama pull we took in 2015.

As soon as you find out and post it, you know a certain newspaper will be ready to break the story and claim they knew all this first hand.

If I had the chance to be drafted and play professional baseball right away (yes I know it's never guaranteed to make a Major League roster) instead of college football I'd take that chance immediately solely based on the head injuries associated with football. I'll show myself out now.

His name does not appear on draft trackers' list of possible draftees. So we have that going for us - which is nice.

If I had the chance to be drafted and play professional baseball right away (yes I know it's never guaranteed to make a Major League roster) instead of college football I'd take that chance immediately solely based on the head injuries associated with football. I'll show myself out now.
Haven't kids gone pro in baseball and returned to play college football?

As soon as you find out and post it, you know a certain newspaper will be ready to break the story and claim they knew all this first hand.

LOL. Like they don't all lurk on here... and that includes the pay sites also.

His name does not appear on draft trackers' list of possible draftees. So we have that going for us - which is nice.
True, but there are 40 rounds in the draft and it's only in like, round 6 or something right now.

A big nothing-burger. Kenterius WILL be here =D
Yeah, I think we all knew there was a possibility Kenterius could get drafted. Dude is 6-3, super athletic, and obviously has a very strong arm. But I don't think there's ever been even an inkling of him opting to toil in Single A ball over playing D1 football.

Yeah, I think we all knew there was a possibility Kenterius could get drafted. Dude is 6-3, super athletic, and obviously has a very strong arm. But I don't think there's ever been even an inkling of him opting to toil in Single A ball over playing D1 football.
Yep.

And I mean...the dude was named first team all-state at shortstop. Of course he's going to get some looks from MLB scouts.

Without knowing his particulars (family status, educational aspirations) - he should 100% go if he is selected in rounds 3-10. Rounds 11-20 is more a bet on your own abilities because the money isn't there.

He can always go back to college to play football (Chris Weinke), as he will be more physically and emotionally mature than players. On the opposite side of the spectrum is Drew Henson who gave up baseball to play football. He became a AAAA player and that's putting it generously.

I don't think there was ever a real threat of him getting drafted. You have to throw 94+ to get drafted out of high school. Or hit .700 with 25 HRs.

I'm sure he's a very good baseball player, but not a chance. Hope he pans out at QB in Orange.

I don't think there was ever a real threat of him getting drafted. You have to throw 94+ to get drafted out of high school. Or hit .700 with 25 HRs.

I'm sure he's a very good baseball player, but not a chance. Hope he pans out at QB in Orange.
this is correct. He's not a MLB baseball prospect.

And I mean...the dude was named first team all-state at shortstop. Of course he's going to get some looks from MLB scouts.

Means absolutely nothing to MLB scouts. This is my area of expertise.

Know how many preps were drafted from Alabama last year? 4. And only 2 signed.

Womack is not sniffing the draft.