Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

I'm leaning toward Philips and Neal still technically being RBs but being more in the Darren Sproles/Theo Riddick/Danny Woodhead mode, where most of their touches come on catches out of the backfield.
You don't need to have an official title of H-Back to do the same types of things. Plenty of RBs catch the ball out of the backfield

"Harper said he spoke with Coyle as well as an assistant athletic director and recruiting director Eric White."
I know it's his job, but hopefully this is a good sign he plans on staying.

These details are a little fuzzy but as I understand it the whole coaching staff was dismissed, but that doesn't mean the support staff was dismissed which includes Eric White. As long as they are still employed they have to work.

When P was let go, White and Rippon were still on the clock and tried to hold onto Ray Rice.

Last edited:
These details are a little fuzzy but as I understand it the whole coaching staff was dismissed, but that doesn't mean the support staff was dismissed which includes Eric White. As long as they are still employed they have to work.

When P was let go, White and Rippon were still on the clock and tried to hold onto Ray Rice.
That's why I started my statement with "I know it's his job". You really get punished on this board for trying to be an optimist.

I had wondered if Coyle had taken the test enabling him to contact recruits. It appears he's done so. VERY, VERY smart.

Agreed and was wondering if Floyd may take the test as well if allowed which could help stabilize things in the interim.

Coyle may have promised White that he will be retained. It would be a very smart move by any new HC

That's why I started my statement with "I know it's his job". You really get punished on this board for trying to be an optimist.

sorry man i wasn't punishing you. but like you said, it's his job. the phone call has nothing to do with him staying. he'll either be offered to stay by a new coach or he'll leave on his own.

sorry man i wasn't punishing you. but like you said, it's his job. the phone call has nothing to do with him staying. he'll either be offered to stay by a new coach or he'll leave on his own.
No worries. Just a rough few weeks on here :)
Happy times to come!

My guess is everyone is still on the clock until after the game on Saturday.

Agreed and was wondering if Floyd may take the test as well if allowed which could help stabilize things in the interim.

The NCAA test is a bit of a joke. You can google the answers to it. Your score is also not reported to the NCAA, just kept on file. Anyone can take it and be able to contact recruits in an AD.

My guess is everyone is still on the clock until after the game on Saturday.

Yes for sure the coaches until Saturday afternoon.

Way back when Gross didn't fire the whole staff. White and Rippon recruited for Syracuse until Greg Robinson was hired. I know GR retained White, but don't recall if Rippon was not retained or left on his own. Those two were recruiting off campus though and attending New Rochelle basketball games.

In this case it sure read like Coyle dismissed the whole staff. The support staff I assume has been retained for now.

Yes for sure the coaches until Saturday afternoon.

Way back when Gross didn't fire the whole staff. White and Rippon recruited for Syracuse until Greg Robinson was hired. I know GR retained White, but don't recall if Rippon was not retained or left on his own. Those two were recruiting off campus though and attending New Rochelle basketball games.

In this case it sure read like Coyle dismissed the whole staff. The support staff I assume has been retained for now.

Didn't White come with McF'it?

PhatOrange said:
Yes for sure the coaches until Saturday afternoon. Way back when Gross didn't fire the whole staff. White and Rippon recruited for Syracuse until Greg Robinson was hired. I know GR retained White, but don't recall if Rippon was not retained or left on his own. Those two were recruiting off campus though and attending New Rochelle basketball games. In this case it sure read like Coyle dismissed the whole staff. The support staff I assume has been retained for now.

The full coaching staff was let go. I expect they'll be gone Sunday or Monday. 4 support staff will stay on to keep things going until the new coach comes on and decides whether to keep them or not (if they want to stay).

Chris White is RB/ST coach for Iowa right now. In his 2nd year there.

Brian White is WR Coach at BC. He was most recently at Florida as RB coach.

Guys can both coach and have been around for a long time, but are probably best as assistants. I know Brian White got up to the OC level for a while but didn't really pan out for here for him. He was good at Wisconsin though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom