Attendance prediction thread for Saturday night. | Syracusefan.com

Attendance prediction thread for Saturday night.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Let's see, we have the biggest name opponent coming in on a Saturday night. It's not Duke but it's UNC. That should guarantee the highest attended game of the season. Then you have the return of JAB. Fans should be embracing that fact. I know the students aren't there but that shouldn't affect the atmosphere.

If the team was playing well this could be a 35,000 game. Obviously it's not going to be but it still should be 33,000. Anything less than that, then it is somewhat of an embarrassment. This is the game where people need to get to the dome. Show your support to the program. Show your support to the players. Show your support to the Coach.

A Saturday night game vs UNC would have been a big student draw. That's a loss of 3,000 fans. I'm not sure we hit 30,000.

This will not be 30,000. No students (and the University's unwillingness to do something creative with the student section when school is not in session) and the current performance of the team in the W-L column will probably put attendance at around 28,000.

I was told Tues night they had sold 26K so far.. not winning cant be helping

A Saturday night game vs UNC would have been a big student draw. That's a loss of 3,000 fans. I'm not sure we hit 30,000.
This will not be 30,000. No students (and the University's unwillingness to do something creative with the student section when school is not in session) and the current performance of the team in the W-L column will probably put attendance at around 28,000.
Yes, the schedule left a lot to be desired as far as great weekend games. Besides UNC and maybe Pitt, that's it for quality name brand recognition. Throw UNC in during the school break, how the team is playing, the suspension and everything else, yes it doesn't look good. But if people want to support the program, this game Saturday should be the game that they attend. Who else are you going to go see, Georgia Tech or NC State? This is the one.

Exactly. I know the school has little control of these things but it is disappointing that the biggest game of the year is when school is not in session. Of course, the same thing happened in the late 80's early 90's when I was at SU and the GTown game was always the last home game and often during spring break.

Exactly. I know the school has little control of these things but it is disappointing that the biggest game of the year is when school is not in session. Of course, the same thing happened in the late 80's early 90's when I was at SU and the GTown game was always the last home game and often during spring break. .

But no problem filling the Dome back then. Electric! Great teams, balloons, pins, shirts, Dome Ranger and Thompson coached Georgetown.

28750. I'm old enough to remember when UNC was the gold standard of the east regional, not Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom