Attendance | Syracusefan.com

Attendance

3-9. "Pathetic" being a generous word to describe the offense. And Rhode Island as the opponent.

Won't fault anyone for sitting this one out until the team and coaches demonstrate that they're going to put a product on the field that is worthy of time and money.

What time is the game? How much are tickets?

3-9. "Pathetic" being a generous word to describe the offense. And Rhode Island as the opponent.

Won't fault anyone for sitting this one out until the team and coaches demonstrate that they're going to put a product on the field that is worthy of time and money.

I am sure there won't be huge crowds for Wake vs Elon or Clemson vs Wofford either.

Clemson will have 75,000+.

Agree. Clemson is one of the better fan bases that has a huge crowd to see Clemson regardless of who they are playing.

My prediction is 33,500 announced...25,750 in their seats. Will not look good but just start winning and things will or may change.

OK. I shouldn't have picked Clemson. So how about Youngstown St at Pitt, Maine at BC, Bethune Cookman at Miami, and Troy at NC State?

I agree. I just think worrying about attendance isn't worthwhile at this point. If we're 5-1 heading into Homecoming against Pitt and we only have 34,000 tickets sold, then I'll be worried.

I thank my parents every year that they didn't raise me to view my SU sports as "products". I would have missed too many great moments waiting for a great product. I've never made a choice to attend a game based on my perceived value as a customer. Although, I understand I'm definitely in the minority. Sigh...

I will be there but expect the place to be pretty empty. It obviously wont affect attendance by 5,000+ but why SU keeps changing this game to Friday night is beyond me. Screams small time, Saturday would at least allow you to get a bigger % of the fair crowd who went there during the day. For a team thats has played maybe 1 or 2 Sat night games the past 5+ years you would think SU would be thrilled to offer its fans a Sat night start.

i think you will get far more on friday night than on sat night on a labor day weekend. you have HS football playing . why is SU playing friday small time but all the other schools playing thurs/fri not?

I thank my parents every year that they didn't raise me to view my SU sports as "products". I would have missed too many great moments waiting for a great product. I've never made a choice to attend a game based on my perceived value as a customer. Although, I understand I'm definitely in the minority. Sigh...

I'm going up for the Pitt game (didn't realize it was Homecoming or I would have chose a different weekend) and flying down to Raleigh for NCSU even though my friends aren't 100% committed. I might be going alone to that one. So trust me, I'm committed. But I don't blame casual fans for taking a wait-and-see approach.

i think you will get far more on friday night than on sat night on a labor day weekend. you have HS football playing . why is SU playing friday small time but all the other schools playing thurs/fri not?

Yeah, the notion that games not on Saturdays is "small time" is out dated. Big time college football is played Thursday-Saturday regularly throughout the season.

There are a lot of ACC teams playing tonight...Duke vs Tulane, UNC vs SC, Wake vs Elon, GT vs Alcorn St. With the exception of UNC who is playing SC no one is playing a big name team. Most are trying to start with a weak OOC team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom