Attendence was... | Syracusefan.com

Attendence was...

Pat Kelly

2nd String
great! Especially for a game versus an FCS team. And the student section was filled up down low and extended up into the 300s. Good to know the 41k+ who showed up got to see an exciting game and a win too!

Does this game help or hurt future attendance, i.e. lousy play vs exciting win.

How many cleared out when it looked like it was over for us? (Serious question)
From what I saw on TV, a lot. Much better than recent years past, though.

Does this game help or hurt future attendance, i.e. lousy play vs exciting win.

I can't see last night getting too many people excited for future games.

How many cleared out when it looked like it was over for us? (Serious question)

A lot, most of the students. Out of 19 people in our group, only 7 of us made it to the alma mater.

Very good turnout, though.

thing that i noticed that the 41k announced was actually well represented. no huge sections of empty seats. Maryland may be different if they dont show an offense in 2 weeks.

Great crowd to start the game and the student section was great early, but another reason this game was a disappointment. Great crowd and we didn't live up to it.

great! Especially for a game versus an FCS team. And the student section was filled up down low and extended up into the 300s. Good to know the 41k+ who showed up got to see an exciting game and a win too!

Students did a great job of showing up, and staying for the most part. But can you please please please get kids to stop rattling those damn keys. That's so weak.

Students did a great job of showing up, and staying for the most part. But can you please please please get kids to stop rattling those damn keys. That's so weak.
Section was very loud. I was impressed. Carlson wrote an article about it today on syracuse.com

Very good turnout. At this point, SU should keep giving free tickets to all 1st year and transfer students, and discount other student tickets for whatever sections are still available.

Very good turnout. At this point, SU should keep giving free tickets to all 1st year and transfer students, and discount other student tickets for whatever sections are still available.
I honestly think, if you're paying to go to the school, you should get free tickets. They may seem cheap to begin with, but there are some kids who are getting lot's of financial aid to come here for whom money is a problem.

about 9,000 more than 'ole miss. which makes for sparse tailgating

I can't see last night getting too many people excited for future games.

Just the opposite for me: after that stinky Friday night turd, I'm looking forward to a serious dump on the Twerps in three weeks. (After getting the runs in and on CMich week after next.)

Last edited:
i bought 2 E-TICKETS (never tried before) up high on Thursday night when a friend stopped by. Printed them out on Friday at 4PM. Great crowd (Loud all game). Most headed to the exits late when Villianova was getting close to field goal range. Thank god they missed that one. I would think about 10-12,000 FANS.

yeah it looked good on my internet connection... and for the most part (until the 4th q) Watch ESPN looked FANTASTIC.

it froze twice in the 4th, but a quick refresh and i was back. And it was solid HD.

If you had to ask, you already know the answer.;)

I suppose you're right. I was just looking at it like, how many seats are taken up by it. Is it in the way of people trying to watch the game. When will he get to my Barry Manilow request. You know, things like that.

I suppose you're right. I was just looking at it like, how many seats are taken up by it. Is it in the way of people trying to watch the game. When will he get to my Barry Manilow request. You know, things like that.

If it gets more student butts in the seats, more power to him!

Barry Manilow has to wait for his turn--The Carpenters get first shot.:p

When are they going to get rid of that Veley? So annoying hearing him do his usual schtick too loud & clear while watching on ESPN3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom