Babers...from a Tiger fan | Syracusefan.com

Babers...from a Tiger fan

CUTIGER91

Walk On
I watched the coaches film room version of the National Champ game and wanted to tell y'all that I love your coach.

That guy gets it. He has a great personality, is extremely positive and infectious, and makes no excuses.

He was all class after this years' game in Clemson and basically said it showed him what he needed to recruit to compete. That's a winning attitude. (Not a whiny little b^5ch like Doeren at NCST).

If you can keep him, I think he has the kind of personality and system that can attract recruits to Cuse and build something.

Of course, you have to contend with UConn now that the fearsome Edsall is back.

I watched the coaches film room version of the National Champ game and wanted to tell y'all that I love your coach.

That guy gets it. He has a great personality, is extremely positive and infectious, and makes no excuses.

He was all class after this years' game in Clemson and basically said it showed him what he needed to recruit to compete. That's a winning attitude. (Not a whiny little b^5ch like Doeren at NCST).

If you can keep him, I think he has the kind of personality and system that can attract recruits to Cuse and build something.

Congrats on the win, BTW. Carrying the ACC banner to a championship helps us all.

Also, hope we beat ya this season ;)

A fan of an opposing team not only compliments our coach in a very genuine way (not a backhanded, know your place, passive aggressive way) but he/she ALSO gets in a swipe at C O N N.

Thanks and Thanks! I hope we give you your only loss next season!

(also leave our QB alone this time please)

Last edited:

Thanks for the kind words. Was rooting hard for you guys, have some good friends that are manic Clemson fans. Hopefully the games between the teams become more competitive in the next few years!

Clemson's NC may prove to be more beneficial for the ACC than to Clemson themselves. We are rising faster and deeper than any other conference. Now the world knows.
It was really cool to hear the CFB shows in the days following talking about the big time games next year in the ACC like they do the SEC.

FSU could send a huge shot across the bow off the SEC in the opening week when they take on Alabama.

We've cemented ourselves as a football powerhouse conference (SEC-ACC-B1G) have separated themselves from the Big XII and PAC but if FSU can take down Bama, Week 1...watch out.

Thanks for the kind words. Was at this year's game in SC and came away impressed with the Clemson fan base. They were very cordial.

However, I'll still be hoping my son flattens your OL next year

Funny you say that. Last night I was fortunate enough to sit courtside at the BC game. I was there early to watch pregame warmups and the only one sitting courtside that early. A BC assistant coach said hi and we started a conversation. He asked if I was an SU football season ticket holder too ( yes) and he said he loves our coach. He also watched the coaches show during the championship game and said he was so impressed by him. He asked how the fans like him. I told him that we are very excited. He predicted good things with him saying he seems very dynamic , down to earth with a decisive plan to compete.

He then asked if the women's basketball team played in Manley. He was shocked when I told him they also played in the dome. He asked who played in Manley's gym and when I told him it was no longer a gym but an indoor practice field attached to the new Carmelo Anthony basketball practice facility etc, he was surprised. Very personable guy who said he's looking forward to seeing what Coach Babers does here.

Agreed except for the Edsall part.

We are not contending with UConn.

Thanks for the kind words. Too bad Ben Boulware was one of the faces of that program this year. He is nothing but a cheap shotting piece of crap. Clemson would've still won and been much more respected without him. He defines meathead football.

Thanks. We like Coach Babers too.

Congrats on your NC. Look forward to many future games with Clemson at the Dome and at Death Valley.

Thanks for the kind words. Too bad Ben Boulware was one of the faces of that program this year. He is nothing but a cheap shotting piece of crap. Clemson would've still won and been much more respected without him. He defines meathead football.

Scumbag, Bill romanowski of college football.

I was happy about Clemson bringing it home for the ACC and loved watching the NC game while listening to their local radio broadcast. I know some aren't great fans of that announcer but I thought he was fantastic that night.

Also thought this wasn't even the most talented Clemson team I've seen - CJ Spiller was on a more talented team in my opinion.

But Boulware is a negative ... sorry, he might be fine for the NFL but is all wrong for college with the way he acts.

I was happy about Clemson bringing it home for the ACC and loved watching the NC game while listening to their local radio broadcast. I know some aren't great fans of that announcer but I thought he was fantastic that night.

Also thought this wasn't even the most talented Clemson team I've seen - CJ Spiller was on a more talented team in my opinion.

But Boulware is a negative ... sorry, he might be fine for the NFL but is all wrong for college with the way he acts.

Dont get me wrong, boulware is one of those guys you love as your guy, a Clemson fan weekly;);) i get he isn't getting love nation wide;)

People hated Devo because he trashed their teams by mouth and by play.

Undying respect for that guy. Had fire and the moxy to effect the opposition mentally and physically. Miss having guards like that. Dude was an alpha.

People hated Devo because he trashed their teams by mouth and by play.

Undying respect for that guy. Had fire and the moxy to effect the opposition mentally and physically. Miss having guards like that. Dude was an alpha.

I've been watching SU hoops since I moved to Syracuse in '76. He's my least favorite player I've seen play.

I've been watching SU hoops since I moved to Syracuse in '76. He's my least favorite player I've seen play.
Funny thing is Devo came across so much different if you interacted with him off the court. Incredibly polite, well mannered and spoken -- he grew up in a bad situation and the on-court demeanor is just how he always played growing up. His actions made it easy to portray him as a thug type but all the interactions I had with him off the court were very positive. Glad he's still a part of the program and loved the swagger. Could use more of the confidence in our team now.

Funny thing is Devo came across so much different if you interacted with him off the court. Incredibly polite, well mannered and spoken -- he grew up in a bad situation and the on-court demeanor is just how he always played growing up. His actions made it easy to portray him as a thug type but all the interactions I had with him off the court were very positive. Glad he's still a part of the program and loved the swagger. Could use more of the confidence in our team now.
I've heard the same thing about Eric. My friend's aunt works the cafeteria where ED frequented and she said he is one of the nicest athletes she's met.

Eric Devendorf is a terrific, down to Earth, family man. He is totally different off the court and loves teaching kids about the game. People can choose to knock him for his swagger while he was a player, but he has worked hard to be where he's at now. He's a great person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom