Babers' house | Syracusefan.com

Babers' house

I understand the information is out there - but that seems really messed up that the local 'paper' would publish a slide show for everyone to easily scroll through showing maps to the 50 most expensive sales of the year and who the new owners of each house are. I'm sure Dino is thrilled to have made that top 50. :confused:

I digress, but that playground at Tecumseh Elementary School looks pretty bad ass. I dont live in the area, but generally go past there when i am back in Syracuse for games. My boys (6 and 3) go bat- crazy about it.

Also, Coyle's house is 43.

I digress, but that playground at Tecumseh Elementary School looks pretty bad ass. I dont live in the area, but generally go past there when i am back in Syracuse for games. My boys (6 and 3) go bat-. . . . crazy about it.

We also had a playground in that area during my J-D/SU days. It was call the Tecumseh Club aka TC's.

I digress, but that playground at Tecumseh Elementary School looks pretty bad ass. I dont live in the area, but generally go past there when i am back in Syracuse for games. My boys (6 and 3) go bat-. . . . crazy about it.

Coyle's would be higher but those egg stains won't come off the siding. ;)

Let's just say that the cost of living change from where he moved from is...substantial.

I'm blown away that $560K gets you in the top 50. That's not quite how home prices work where I live.
i'm blown away by what people spend on houses in expensive areas. the increase in pay you get living in those places for a given job is not proportional to the increase in house prices.

i get that people like having all the big city options available but how often to they really avail themselves of it.

if you are flexible about what you do for a living and don't mind spending vacations to get big city experiences, life's pretty easy

Let's just say that the cost of living change from where he moved from is...substantial.

I'm blown away that $560K gets you in the top 50. That's not quite how home prices work where I live.

yep and part of an underlying point of me posting is how cheap real estate is in Syracuse. He could jog over to the football facility, It's like 2 miles. How many coaches could have that monster with pool 2 miles from campus at that price. Of course, there's the 15k in taxes he probably pays but...

I understand the information is out there - but that seems really messed up that the local 'paper' would publish a slide show for everyone to easily scroll through showing maps to the 50 most expensive sales of the year and who the new owners of each house are. I'm sure Dino is thrilled to have made that top 50. :confused:

that crossed my mind but real estate sales are public.

i'm blown away by what people spend on houses in expensive areas. the increase in pay you get living in those places for a given job is not proportional to the increase in house prices.

i get that people like having all the big city options available but how often to they really avail themselves of it.

if you are flexible about what you do for a living and don't mind spending vacations to get big city experiences, life's pretty easy

Eh, some industries are tied geographically to certain regions. Like mine. I can't do what I do in upstate NY.

People should live where they want to live and pay what they want to pay. All about priorities.

yep and part of an underlying point of me posting is how cheap real estate is in Syracuse. He could jog over to the football facility, It's like 2 miles. How many coaches could have that monster with pool 2 miles from campus at that price. Of course, there's the 15k in taxes he probably pays but...

$20K in property taxes. Zillow.com. ;)

that's about what people in shacks pay here.

if he gets that for 560k...he should be forced to pay 100k in taxes.

I thought about making a thread about rich areas in CNY but realized it might seem sketchy.

I like driving around looking at different houses and dreaming of a future where I'm not a failure. One day.

unless you're on the water big houses are such a waste of money. being house poor for what? personally if I could I'd live in a tiny house and put all my money into toys and vacations.

unless you're on the water big houses are such a waste of money. being house poor for what? personally if I could I'd live in a tiny house and put all my money into toys and vacations.
Well some folks have a big house and a house on the water.

personally if I could I'd live in a tiny house and put all my money into toys and vacations.
I haven't been able to convince the Mrs. that we should go for a tiny house, but what you described is more or less how we're trying to live. Manageable housing costs so there's flexibility to enjoy more experiences. Now that we're a little bit better established it's starting to get easier to do that.

Kiffin knows what he wants, both in a home and in his new career. Finding them, could be trickier. For a house, he needs something filled with light, glass and located on the water for his boat and JetSki. His range is somewhere between $3 million and $5 million. Oh, and a pool. He needs a pool.

Another thing I love about Texas. Sale prices are not public knowledge. Yes, you can get estimates and for sale prices, but not the actual sale prices.

When I did real estate in South Florida the average house I sold was around 400k, when I moved to NY for a woman I tried my hand at RE there and could only muster up a 120k average. Needless to say I got out of the business after that.