Babers' house | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Babers' house

unless you're on the water big houses are such a waste of money. being house poor for what? personally if I could I'd live in a tiny house and put all my money into toys and vacations.

I have a small house on the water and a big house in the country and I'm still out of room. Small kids and all their stuff gobble up space at an alarming rate. If I just had one small place to live in I think it would be on an episode of Hoarders.

he could have moved to eastwood where I am.. houses in the 2000-3000 sq feet range with property taxes around 2-3k a year :)

You don't have to move to have a meth lab in your house. Not everyone starts out like Walter White ya know.
Meth labs when caught= total house gutting by the gov,t due to chemicals supposedly penetrating into all surfaces. Walls,floors and ceilings ripped out.
Been hearing about this lately

My fishing buddy down here frrom Michigan lives right by Brady Hoke...6 million dollar house

My husband can still hear me yell when he is down in his man cave...it's called an intercom system. ;)
Nothing a screwdriver and a pair of pliers couldn't 'fix'.

unless you're on the water big houses are such a waste of money. being house poor for what? personally if I could I'd live in a tiny house and put all my money into toys and vacations.

Couple points:

Having a big house does not necessarily mean being house poor.

Not sure what stage of life you are in but I have transformed both our house and our yard into the place where my two teenage kids and their friends want to hang out - and that is important to me.

Couple points:

Having a big house does not necessarily mean being house poor.

Not sure what stage of life you are in but I have transformed both our house and our yard into the place where my two teenage kids and their friends want to hang out - and that is important to me.

Not sure why everybody has to over analyze my post, maybe some feel it's a personal dig on them? No kidding it doesn't mean everybody with a big place is house poor. Trust me I know.

I did exactly as you describe, transformed my house and yard and it's where all the kids hang out (and adults to) and it works for me. Thankfully I'm handy and do everything myself.

In fact I just finished up a 200sq workshop on my side yard that I'll be wiring and putting in heat shortly. Like it so much I might have to build another workshop for my tools. :)

Last edited:
I moved to St. Pete Beach area... Figured easier to keep TexanMark... Also, I have almost enough likes to trade in and get my free Orange Cadillac from temery...Didn't want to lose my points.

Wait, what? So, you're not going to be able to stop in Katy and pick me up on the way to Baton Rouge next year?

When you're 15 and have a Marvin (YESSS!) Albert fake ID, it's heaven...

As I recall, it was pretty rudimentary. It was like a club house at a public golf course or something. I think every time I ever went there I was plowed before hand ... so that's why my memory is so foggy.

I did most of my drinking at The Orange (Tap box coils hadn't been cleaned in years and this influenced the taste of the beer, which rarely had any head whatsoever, but the price was right) and some bars on East Genesee St near the foot of Walnut and the Wescott Inn and Hungry Charley's later.

Not sure why everybody has to over analyze my post, maybe some feel it's a personal dig on them? No kidding it doesn't mean everybody with a big place is house poor. Trust me I know.

I did exactly as you describe, transformed my house and yard and it's where all the kids hang out (and adults to) and it works for me. Thankfully I'm handy and do everything myself.

In fact I just finished up a 200sq workshop on my side yard that I'll be wiring and putting in heat shortly. Like it so much I might have to build another workshop for my tools.
:)

I took exception to your statement that "unless you are on the water big houses are a waste of money"...

In fact I just finished up a 200sq workshop on my side yard that I'll be wiring and putting in heat shortly. Like it so much I might have to build another workshop for my tools. :)
The Guest Mancave. ;)

OrangeDB said:
*sees thread*

*sees house location*

"Babers doesn't live close enough!! Already has a foot out the door!!"

Signed,
Some dot com commentor

Haha all coaches will be compared to pasquiloni's oft described very close home, forevermore.
Wasn't he in the neiborhood right at the end of Colvin?

Haha all coaches will be compared to pasquiloni's oft described very close home, forevermore.
Wasn't he in the neiborhood right at the end of Colvin?

Haha in all seriousness Babers (and Coyle's house for that matter) are extremely close. Used to drive by that neighborhood when our ticket office was in Drumlins