Babers on ESPN2 right now | Syracusefan.com

Babers on ESPN2 right now

CuseLegacy said:

Short stint for any coach outside of the top 20 or so.

Also, for those having heartburn about recruiting areas , DB stressed in his interview with Scout that NY will be the first focus going forward, followed by NJ, then PA, then MD/VA. I didn't hear a specific mention of Florida but we know that will be an emphasis. Stressed that the staff felt that NY/NJ was picked over as far as quality recruits that were available in this cycle but both will be an emphasis going forward.

that's an interesting quote

but one that shouldn't be a surprise, as he's said previously it takes a year and a half to get things going offensively. This seems like it would be in line with that estimate.

Also, for those having heartburn about recruiting areas , DB stressed in his interview with Scout that NY will be the first focus going forward, followed by NJ, then PA, then MD/VA. I didn't hear a specific mention of Florida but we know that will be an emphasis. Stressed that the staff felt that NY/NJ was picked over as far as quality recruits that were available in this cycle but both will be an emphasis going forward.

I don't get heartburn over it and not sure why anyone else would. Get the best players, I don't care where from.

I don't get heartburn over it and not sure why anyone else would. Get the best players, I don't care where from.

I don't either, but I completely agree with his assessment of NYS for the 2016 class. It was already a very week class and to start recruiting it with 2 months to go - probably not going to get much there. I am really curious to see what this staff can do in NJ for 2017 with a full year to recruit. A ton of talent in that state.

“moving forward – we’ll start in NY and then NJ, then PA and work down to Baltimore, DC/Northern VA”

This season, “too late on NY” “picked over” “but that’ll not be our attitude moving forward”

”we’ve got junior days coming up” and we’ll start at home”

also mentioned having NY/NJ/PA kids etc is good for attendance.

We're now stacked at DL, LB and OL. Mostly young guys. We now need more play makers at QB, and WR. Always need a few high quality DBs and RBs thrown in.

These guys are going to get one of those elusive 5* NYC guys. Book it.

There's only the one, and he is the whale of whales.

that's an interesting quote
How so? When a new coach comes in with a new system, and he inherits a program not winning consistently, he is going to need a talent infusion. His first real class, the one he is totally responsible for, is his 2nd.

That may be all that Babers meant. The class of 2017 will be his first class, the one he had time to build. And only then can Syracuse start the path back to its best football days.

We hit the lottery with Coach Babers. I can't express how lucky and happy I am we hired this guy. He gets it and I can say Syracuse football fans definitely have a reason to feel confident about our future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom