Back in the Dome some observations | Syracusefan.com

Back in the Dome some observations

thenug211

Walk On
I don't post often but you guys will have to indulge me after we made the trek to actually use our season tickets today. Beating Pittsburgh has put me in such a happy place!

I knew the "force was with me" when I left Morris County, Nj this morning and there was significant snow south...and significant snow north of Syracuse but clear sailing on the 80 to 380 to 81 pilgrimage. Anyway some observations today:

Firstly, I don't mean to be insensitive but what the hell is that purple monstrosity of a banner in the Dome?? Did Northwestern make a generous donation to the endowment? Did TGD rent that space before he was farmed out?What in the name of Sean Kerins was that!?

The Dome was actually pretty rocking but with the students on break no SSS. Ok...but they couldn't scrape up some sort of alumni group? No local high school band could be lured into the dome? Shaky potatoes

You can tell that the crowd is in an ornery mood these days. When the "lazy boy" chair guy missed the rim on his second attempt...the crowd LUSTILY booed him. I guess after the way the season had gone up until the Miami game, that they are entitled.

I purchased a Labatt blue before the game and it took about 5 minutes to get the beer because a young Asian lady apparently was pouring her very first beer...not of the day but EVER. She is probably in some engineering doctoral program but holy mackerel! In addition the university is buying such cheap plastic cups that once the beer was poured into it that it became an amorphous blob!

Anyway, I figure if we steal one in Blacksburg and punch Backstabber College in the face then we can start to get really frisky.

Last year the Dome hosted the finals of the World Indoor Lacrosse Championship, and the Iroquois were the host nation.
Thanks for the info guys it is much appreciated. However, personally I would question why it still needs to be in the Dome by not worth getting my panties in a twist.

You missed these guys? They've been filling in every game the SSS was away.

Baldwinsville High School band revs a full house at the Carrier Dome (video)

Unfortunately this game they didn't allow the Bees band to play much at all like they had in previous ones. They played before the game, then a couple of times late in the 2nd half. The cheerleaders and dance team were there so I think it really cut into their time. The band had a very nice guitar presence and played Deep Purple which the cheerleaders really got into.

Thanks for the info guys it is much appreciated. However, personally I would question why it still needs to be in the Dome by not worth getting my panties in a twist.

i think flying the 6 nations flag is kinda cool personally

where in morris co?

What I can't understand (apart from the obvious question of why they left the flag up there) is why SU would leave it there in front of another flag. If the new one should stay, the old one should go. But one flag hanging in front of another looks ridiculously half-assed. That sometimes seems to be the aesthetic SU is going for.

What I can't understand (apart from the obvious question of why they left the flag up there) is why SU would leave it there in front of another flag. If the new one should stay, the old one should go. But one flag hanging in front of another looks ridiculously half-assed. That sometimes seems to be the aesthetic SU is going for.

Shades of Jake. A ceiling version of spray paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom