Baseball Hall of Fame voting | Syracusefan.com

Baseball Hall of Fame voting

Multiple threads on here will show me as a huge advocate for Raines.

If he doesn't get in...

Bagwell?? Fine, I guess.

But Raines was a superstar.

No Rickey...and Raines would've been in 10 years ago.

Totally agree that Raines is long overdue. Really the only case that can be made against Bagwell is how you feel about any suspicions about PEDs. He wasn't in the Mitchell report and never failed a test. Other than that, the stats show he should be in imho.

Totally agree that Raines is long overdue. Really the only case that can be made against Bagwell is how you feel about any suspicions about PEDs. He wasn't in the Mitchell report and never failed a test. Other than that, the stats show he should be in imho.
I have a different take on steroids than most.

It's a cream rises to the top, take.

Bagwell falls in there.

I assume they all did, but some were 'steroid creations'...like Sosa, McGwire, papi and to a degree palmiero. Others like Clemens and Bonds used them to inflate otherwise HOF stats.

So whether he or the rest of the league took them or not, he would've risen to the top.

If that puts him in the Hall, then so be it.

Bagwell falls in there.

I assume they all did, but some were 'steroid creations'...like Sosa, McGwire, papi and to a degree palmiero. Others like Clemens and Bonds used them to inflate otherwise HOF stats.

So whether he or the rest of the league took them or not, he would've risen to the top.

As a yankee fan the steroid issue annoys me in regards to guys like Bagwell, Palmeiro, and Sosa. I'm 99% sure the middle of the order of the late 90's/early oughts yankees didn't take steroids. If Bagwell gets in then guys like Bernie, Tino, and O'Neill may have been Hof'ers themselves if they went on the juice. Guy's who did it the right way get penalized.

Those early 80s expos teams were fun to watch. Raines, Dawson, Carter, Wallach and a bunch Im forgetting. The ones listed woul all have 150 mil contracts these days

KaiserUEO said:
I have a different take on steroids than most. It's a cream rises to the top, take. Bagwell falls in there. I assume they all did, but some were 'steroid creations'...like Sosa, McGwire, papi and to a degree palmiero. Others like Clemens and Bonds used them to inflate otherwise HOF stats. So whether he or the rest of the league took them or not, he would've risen to the top. If that puts him in the Hall, then so be it.

I agree. This whole argument is stupid

As a yankee fan the steroid issue annoys me in regards to guys like Bagwell, Palmeiro, and Sosa. I'm 99% sure the middle of the order of the late 90's/early oughts yankees didn't take steroids. If Bagwell gets in then guys like Bernie, Tino, and O'Neill may have been Hof'ers themselves if they went on the juice. Guy's who did it the right way get penalized.

Bernie, Tino, O"Neil all very good players not hof, the question for me is Posada, I don't think he is a hof, but I think he has a chance.

Would you have thought that of Andy P?

I'm 99% sure the middle of the order of the late 90's/early oughts yankees didn't take steroids.
The Mitchell Report was full of mediocre players that don't fit the stereotypical PED profile. To declare that your 99% sure that anyone in that era was clean reeks of wishful thinking and naivety.

Bagwell should be in already. Great player.

Not sure if he will, but would love to see Vlad Guerrero go in on the first ballot.

Bagwell falls in there.

Clemens was on the way out before the juice. hole.

What u folks think of Sheffield??

Very close to Bags # wise.

Has him in power I think.

And Pettitte, took HGH in the off season to help recover from an injury.

HOF Pettitte

HOF Pettitte

I think Sheffield is pretty close, I would put Mussina in before Pettite.

I think Sheffield is pretty close, I would put Mussina in before Pettite.
agree on both.

But if Moose gets in, Pettitte is a lock.

Hardware

agree on both.

Hardware

I'm not sure Pettite is a hof, I was actually against Mussina at first, but have come around on him after taking a closer look at him.

Those early 80s expos teams were fun to watch. Raines, Dawson, Carter, Wallach and a bunch Im forgetting. The ones listed woul all have 150 mil contracts these days
I stopped watching baseball when the Expos were robbed of the 84 WS because of the strike. They were the best team in baseball

I'm not sure Pettite is a hof, I was actually against Mussina at first, but have come around on him after taking a closer look at him.
Let me put it to you this way...if Pettitte was a Dallas Cowboy, he'd be a HOFer, but because he was a New York Yankee...he may not be.

The bias is weird in baseball.

Not saying that because u like the pokes, I say that as a fan of football/baseball who sees how players of teams are thought of.

HOF Pettitte
agree on both.

Hardware
Moose, definitely.

Sheff and Andy, very close but not quite there for me.

Let me put it to you this way...if Pettitte was a Dallas Cowboy, he'd be a HOFer, but because he was a New York Yankee...he may not be.

The bias is weird in baseball.

Not saying that because u like the pokes, I say that as a fan of football/baseball who sees how players of teams are thought of.

I don't like the Yankees, but I am unbiased when it comes to the hof. I just don't think Pettite did enough.

The Mitchell Report was full of mediocre players that don't fit the stereotypical PED profile. To declare that your 99% sure that anyone in that era was clean reeks of wishful thinking and naivety.

Meh, they're the Yankees. A lot of those guys were exposed by the media on those teams except those three specifically.

Meh, they're the Yankees. A lot of those guys were exposed by the media on those teams except those three specifically.
So any Yankee that wasn't exposed by the media was clean? Again, it sounds like wishful thinking and naivety.

So any Yankee that wasn't exposed by the media was clean? Again, it sounds like wishful thinking and naivety.

I'm not being naive. That entire team had the microscope on them regarding steroids. Sheff, Clemens, Pettite, Arod etc. The media coverage this story was heavy and was the biggest sports scandal story of the early oughts. Tons of players were implicated, some stars and others that were role players. If a guy wasn't implicated in any of the stories I give them the benefit of doubt. I'm not someone who believes 100 percent of guys from that era took steroids, because that is false as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom