Baseball Hall of Fame voting | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball Hall of Fame voting

Vlad was a better player than Walker IMO.
Vlad's OPS was hurt by Olympic stadium in Montreal being an awful hitting Park early in his career.

Vlad made shouldn't be a no doubt guy but I would put him a level above Walker.
Does Coors skew walker's OPS+?
I think Sheffield had a connection to BALCO which could hurt him.
Shef had to set the unofficial major league record for foul HRs.

OPS+ is park adjusted

Moises Alou peed on his hands. Did Rodriguez do it also?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but no love for Albert Belle?
Alou was a pee'r.

Don't know about anyone else.

I'd rather Steinbrenner than belle from the Eras committee.

Alou was a pee'r.

Don't know about anyone else.

I'd rather Steinbrenner than belle from the Eras committee.
Posada was a pee guy, too.

Read...

;)
Oh sorry, didn't read your whole post above.

Anyway, Posada's a tough call of the HoF. Don't think he'll get in, but one could certainly make a case based on his offensive numbers compared to other catchers historically, plus give him a bump for the post season numbers and titles.

I'm a Yankees fan but I say no to Mussina. The reason is in that 2004 disaster Mussina was the ace of that team. He pitched decent in Game 5 but he needed to throw a shutout. That was their last chance to win. Can't give Torre a chance to put in a gassed out Tom Gordon.

Shutting out that lineup was a pretty large ask, no?

Bagwell, Raines, and Pudge Rodriguez all get in this year. Trevor Hoffman missed by one pct of the vote, Vlad missed by 3 pct.

http://bbwaa.com/

The 2 knuckleheads who voted for jason Vartiek should lose their votes for life.
Posada off the ballot completely at 3,8%.
Vlad got screwed.
Schilling lost 10% because of his political views.

Bagwell, Raines, and Pudge Rodriguez all get in this year. Trevor Hoffman missed by one pct of the vote, Vlad missed by 3 pct.
Good news for the steroid era guys that Pudge, who shrunk by 50% late in his career, goes in on the first ballot.

BBWAA.com: Official site of the Baseball Writers' Assn. of America.

The 2 knuckleheads who voted for jason Vartiek should lose their votes for life.
Vlad got screwed.
Vlad and Hoffman will get in next year. Posada deserved a better fate, as he's certainly a legitimate candidate worthy of discussion. Schilling will be fine as soon as more deplorables have a vote.

BBWAA.com: Official site of the Baseball Writers' Assn. of America.

Vlad got screwed.

Vlad will get in next year for sure, Schilling should be a first ballot hof, he will get in eventually. Some of the votes will make you scratch your head, Matt Stairs I think got some votes, Matt Stairs lol.

I vastly underestimated the support for Irod.

1st of all, he stole his nickname...he's not 'Pudge' to me...and I hate the real Pudge.

2nd, he's a roid guy...didn't expect 1st ballot.

Surprised and a little upset at lack of support for Posada. He may not be a HOFer, but he's certainly not a 1 and done'r.

Geddamn anti-Yankee bias.

I have a different take on steroids than most.

It's a cream rises to the top, take.

Bagwell falls in there.

I assume they all did, but some were 'steroid creations'...like Sosa, McGwire, papi and to a degree palmiero. Others like Clemens and Bonds used them to inflate otherwise HOF stats.

So whether he or the rest of the league took them or not, he would've risen to the top.

If that puts him in the Hall, then so be it.
I'm of the opinion it was that generations amphetamines. Plus, its entertainment, not heaven. Numbers rule.

1st of all, he stole his nickname...he's not 'Pudge' to me...and I hate the real Pudge.

Surprised and a little upset at lack of support for Posada. He may not be a HOFer, but he's certainly not a 1 and done'r.

Rodriguez was not 71% better than Posada. I hated that Linda Cohn tried calling him I-Rod when that happened the initial nickname jumped the shark.

Ivan was the greatest defensive catcher of all time but he IMO juiced and thanks to George King he has Pedro Martinez's 1999 AL MVP trophy.

I'm of the opinion it was that generations amphetamines. Plus, its entertainment, not heaven. Numbers rule.
Agree, it's a MUSEUM for crying out loud!!

Rodriguez was not 71% better than Posada. I hated that Linda Cohn tried calling him I-Rod when that happened the initial nickname jumped the shark.

Ivan was the greatest defensive catcher of all time but he IMO juiced and thanks to George King he has Pedro Martinez's 1999 AL MVP trophy.
I agree with that, but I don't believe pitchers should get the MVP.

Next year will be another big year as you got to figure hoffman and vlad make it...and newbie Thome is a lock...then if you braves fans want to convince me Chipper is, I'll listen.

Next year will be another big year as you got to figure hoffman and vlad make it...and newbie Thome is a lock...then if you braves fans want to convince me Chipper is, I'll listen.
I don't think Thome is a first ballot lock, but Chipper should be. Historically great numbers at a position that is underrepresented in the HoF.

I don't think Thome is a first ballot lock, but Chipper should be. Historically great numbers at a position that is underrepresented in the HoF.
612 HRs and not a roids guy,...should be in the pizza, wings and beer HOF too.

Posada may not be a HOFer, but this Yankee catcher is. Revisiting Thurman Munson's Hall of Fame case 37 years after his death

I'm a Mets fan, I hate the guy, Chipper Jones is a first ballot hof.

I'm not a fan of him either. I remember a year or two ago he tweeted some Sandy Hook truther nonsense and later apologized.

I had no idea he tweeted that, that makes me hate him even more now lol, I just hate him because he abused the Mets.

Great to see Raines in. About time. Bagwell -- meh. I wouldn't pick him. Rodriquez would have been elected without the peds. He was the best defensive catcher in the game for a long time, and he willed the Marlins to a WS championship in 2002.

I don't think Hoffman should be anywhere near the Hall of Fame. His performances in September and October were abysmal.

Great to see Raines in. About time. Bagwell -- meh. I wouldn't pick him. Rodriquez would have been elected without the peds. He was the best defensive catcher in the game for a long time, and he willed the Marlins to a WS championship in 2002.

I don't think Hoffman should be anywhere near the Hall of Fame. His performances in September and October were abysmal.

probably why he's not first ballot. Mo should be first ballot but the question is how many voters feel a bullpen guy shouldn't be a first ballot pick. If Rivera's not a first ballot relief guy nobody is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom