baseball Hall of Fame | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

baseball Hall of Fame

For some reason nobody talks about pitchers and roids. They also used. The most obvious one was Gagne from the Dodgers. I suspect Pedro was on the juice.
Pedro ? The dude was tiny and never got big. Also the guy actually lost fastball velocity in 2002 and progressed naturally.
Pedro Martinez is one of the few I would bet everything was clean.

So you think Dustin pedroia is a Hall of famer? Rookie of the year. MVP, 4 time gold glove winner, 2x world champion and he isn't done.
I've already asked you 1x to stop pissing in my beer...

Pedro ? The dude was tiny and never got big. Also the guy actually lost fastball velocity in 2002 and progressed naturally.
The greatest pitcher I ever saw. Pitching in the A.L. East, lower mound, roid era, plus the DH,

The greatest pitcher I ever saw. Pitching in the A.L. East, lower mound, roid era, plus the DH,
What Pedro did in 1999 and 2000 when you factor in all the roids was amazing. Pedro wasn't a juicer. The dude was tiny and just had a dominant fastball, changeup, curveball. Once it hit 2002 all the innings took his fastball from 95-97 mph and dropped it down to 92-93 mph.
Pedro from 2002-2004 was good but just not the 1999-2000 Pedro. The obvious reason was he didn't use steroids. He aged naturally and did okay for the Mets after he left Boston. He just couldn't dominate in the AL East anymore but he did well in NY.
Pedro at Yankee Stadium in September 1999 was the most dominant pitching performance I saw of that Era. He gave up 1 hit and struck 17 Yankees. That team would go on to win the WS. Disgusting pitching performance he was throwing it past guys before they started swinging.

Tiny guys have tested positive for PEDs. They don't have to make one big.
I can be objective about players on my team like Manny/Ortiz/Trot Nixon/Mark Bellhorn/Johnny Damon but I honestly never saw Pedro Martinez EVER as a PED user. The guy didn't had 2-3 apex where he was unhittable and then he became really good but and aged every year.

He screamed clean. I don't see how Pedro could use PEDs and naturally lose the velocity he did on fastball. If he used PEDs with his changeup and curveball if he had a 95 mph fastball longer he would have had more ERAs under 2. Even my Yankees friends don't think he was a PED guy.

Even my Yankees friends don't think he was a PED guy.
For me, nobody is above suspicion. I am a Yankee fan and I won't be surprised if it comes out that St. Derek and St. Mariano were users.

I don't know if Martinez used and I don't care. I do think that his size is irrelevant.

Pedroia...a .299 lifetime hitter...
He's gonna be in the conversation.

But I guarantee you if he doesn't make it, 35 years after his last game he won't have the support Munson still does.

Just gotta get Goose on the veterans committee...and he'll be in.

Roid rage. Throwing a 72 year old man to the ground. He's dead to me.
upload_2016-1-8_22-43-28.jpeg
images

Players shouldn't be denied recognition unless there is proof that they violated the rules. I'm sick of rumors and assumptions.

He's gonna be in the conversation.

But I guarantee you if he doesn't make it, 35 years after his last game he won't have the support Munson still does.

Just gotta get Goose on the veterans committee...and he'll be in.
what support is that? Other than you and maybe a guy on the radio, I don't hear any out cry for Munson.

So what would you do if an old fool ran from one side of the field to the other to attack you? Just let him hit you. Pedro was kind to him by just shoving him aside.
You throw women around too??

What's wrong with you dash??

You've certainly been all full of piss and vinegar here lately.

No. I don't throw woman around and I have never heard that Pedro did either. I would protect myself if some jerk ran at me from over 100 feet. What would you do? Just let him hit you?

Zimmer charged at Pedro like a bull. That was not on Pedro Martinez. If Posada wanted some Pedro he could have done it.

That episode was on Zimmer.

Not really. I just don't think Thurman was a Hall of famer

No. I don't throw woman around and I have never heard that Pedro did either. I would protect myself if some jerk ran at me from over 100 feet. What would you do? Just let him hit you?
He probably would hit me, for id be too busy laughing.

Not really. I just don't think Thurman was a Hall of famer
Lighten up my friend, I'm just having some fun.

I know he's a long way out.

But I was serious about the Goose line. The veterans committee has long been a way for the guys in the Hall of Very Good to sneak in through pressure or convincing by their friends who vote.

Lighten up my friend, I'm just having some fun.

I know he's a long way out.

But I was serious about the Goose line. The veterans committee has long been a way for the guys in the Hall of Very Good to sneak in through pressure or convincing by their friends who vote.
They changed the way the vets committee operates a short while ago. The way they do it now, no one gets in. By the way, take a look at Catfish Hunter and Luis Tiant's stats some time. They are almost exactly the same.

He probably would hit me, for id be too busy laughing.
If a 72 year old man charged at you head first and knocked you down and on your pitching shoulder and your are done for the series then what. Zimmer was the problem 100%. If Karim Garcia or Jorge Posada wanted Pedro they could have done it. Zimmer had no business doing what he did.
He was the problem I believe that was Zimmer's last year on the NYY bench and don't think George factored that in.
Zimmer was wrong. Pedro ole'd him.
Why would Pedro throw at a guy's head with the freaking bases loaded in a playoff game? Pedro clearly was motioning he wasn't trying to hit his head. When he looked the Yankees dugout
Manny definitely overreacted.

They changed the way the vets committee operates a short while ago. The way they do it now, no one gets in. By the way, take a look at Catfish Hunter and Luis Tiant's stats some time. They are almost exactly the same.
The Mazeroski Change or something, rings a bell.

For if he's in, Munson goes in on roller skates.

Luis Tiant should be in just because he can smoke a cigar in the shower and never get it wet.

Catfish had better peak seasons, but may have got the postseason bump we spoke about.

The nickname didn't hurt either.