Baseball trade deadline | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball trade deadline

Sigh.

That's not cool, man. I can still picture the mock up of the stadium they wanted to build in downtown Montreal. It would have been gorgeous.
I haven't watched baseball since the 94 strike and the canceling of the rest of the season screwed the Expos out of a World Championship. F'em

I haven't watched baseball since the 94 strike and the canceling of the rest of the season screwed the Expos out of a World Championship. F'em
Double sigh...

labatt-2000.jpg

Would have faced the Yankees. That meant #28 in 2009.

Hard to believe, but Reyes makes more money than Tulowitzki.

We'll see if Tulowitzki can hit as well in Toronto...doesn't seem to have hurt Toronto's lineup. Tulowitzki has had some injury problems.

Clippard looks like a good pick up for the Mets.

Very good pickup, and all the more needed after that moron Mejia got busted for steroids for the second time.

Double sigh...

labatt-2000.jpg

Don't give up hope yet young man.

http://montrealbaseballproject.com/en/about/

I heard a great idea on this the other day. When they eventually dump Tampa, move the team up to Montreal. That keeps them in the America East and they would play games against the Yanks and Red Sox guaranteeing them sell outs throughout the year.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/sto...g-pro-sports-team-back-montreal-espn-magazine

Apparently a bunch of these Canadian nuts were at Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame ceremonies. They are on about twice per year on my local sports talk radio.

What about Drew Storen? The guy is 29 -31 in save opportunities with a 1.73 ERA and loses his job? Tough break for him even though Papelbon is really good also and it helps me fantasy team that he is a winning team now.

Don't give up hope yet young man.

http://montrealbaseballproject.com/en/about/

I heard a great idea on this the other day. When they eventually dump Tampa, move the team up to Montreal. That keeps them in the America East and they would play games against the Yanks and Red Sox guaranteeing them sell outs throughout the year.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/sto...g-pro-sports-team-back-montreal-espn-magazine

Apparently a bunch of these Canadian nuts were at Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame ceremonies. They are on about twice per year on my local sports talk radio.

I hope it happens. Fan support in Tampa has been an embarrassment. What keeps that team there? The city have some kind of contract locking them in? Almost always at, or near, the bottom in attendance.

I hope it happens. Fan support in Tampa has been an embarrassment. What keeps that team there? The city have some kind of contract locking them in? Almost always at, or near, the bottom in attendance.

Me too. I'd love to be able to get decent seats for a Sox game without having to pay 300 a ticket. And it takes me less than 2 hours to get there.

I think both can be.

Sounds like my Cubbies are locking in on Tyson Ross of the Padres; likely for Starlin Castro. I'll hate to see Castro go, but I've basically accepted that it's happening sooner or later and Ross would be a pretty good get.

Castro has pretty much been terrible this year. That would be a real good trade for the Cubs.

Castro has pretty much been terrible this year. That would be a real good trade for the Cubs.

I know it's been a tough year for him, but he's still a two-time all star at 24 or 25 years old and he's on a cheap, long deal.

I know it's been a tough year for him, but he's still a two-time all star at 24 or 25 years old and he's on a cheap, long deal.

I've gone the other way on him. (wanted the mets to look into getting him last winter). Selective endpoints, but it's 2 years out 3 where he's been just brutal. Plus the Cubs have the depth to slide Russell to SS. And I think Ross is a solid pitcher also.

I've gone the other way on him. (wanted the mets to look into getting him last winter). Selective endpoints, but it's 2 years out 3 where he's been just brutal. Plus the Cubs have the depth to slide Russell to SS. And I think Ross is a solid pitcher also.

Yeah, that's why trading him would make sense. The Cubs have a lot of talent in the middle infield in terms of prospects. Russell, Baez, Torres, Alcantara (though he's more of a utility guy), and possibly La Stella (who's finally coming back from injury). Still though, 3 all-star appearances before the age of 25... it's tough to count on the prospects living up to those kinds of expectations even if some of them are potentially elite prospects.

And the rumor is that the Cubs plan to make a strong push for Zobrist in the offseason too.

Yeah, that's why trading him would make sense. The Cubs have a lot of talent in the middle infield in terms of prospects. Russell, Baez, Torres, Alcantara (though he's more of a utility guy), and possibly La Stella (who's finally coming back from injury). Still though, 3 all-star appearances before the age of 25... it's tough to count on the prospects living up to those kinds of expectations even if some of them are potentially elite prospects.

And the rumor is that the Cubs plan to make a strong push for Zobrist in the offseason too.

I really wanted the Mets to get Zobrist. Such an underrated player, though he is getting up there. Baez is intriguing to me; the strikeouts are crazy high but that kind of power from a middle infielder...

I'm just glad the Mets didn't end up doing something like Syndergaard for Castro.

I really wanted the Mets to get Zobrist. Such an underrated player, though he is getting up there. Baez is intriguing to me; the strikeouts are crazy high but that kind of power from a middle infielder...

I'm just glad the Mets didn't end up doing something like Syndergaard for Castro.

Yeah, Baez just returned from injury last night and hit two HRs for the Iowa Cubs :)

Rooting for him like crazy. Last year, he had a gigantic step in his swing that looked like Gary Sheffield basically... it's pretty much gone now. He almost doesn't even step into it at all anymore as the staff is trying to get him to quicken his swing a bit.

Yankee fan here.

All we need is a Starting Pitcher.

Don't want Hamels, and Cueto is off the board. So all in on David Price.

Nova, Warren as the key pieces, throw in 1 or 2 lower end named prospects.

This should get the deal done. If they want more laugh and hang up the phone.

Mets fan here.

All we need is a bat.

Don't want Castro, and Tulo is off the board. So all in on Yasiel Puig.

Montero, Murphy as the key pieces, throw in 1 or 2 lower end named prospects.

Mets fan here.

All we need is a bat.

Don't want Castro, and Tulo is off the board. So all in on Yasiel Puig.

Montero, Murphy as the key pieces, throw in 1 or 2 lower end named prospects.

I see no way that gets a deal done. Puig is having a bit of a down year but he's awesome and controlled for 4 more years I think?
Harvey for Puig is a pretty fair offer.

Let it go, little one. The spirit of Steve Rogers will open your heart and release the evil Rick Monday demons ... let it drift away ... be free ... yes, you can ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom