Battle 4 Atlantis Megathread (Info/Roll Call) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Battle 4 Atlantis Megathread (Info/Roll Call)

Considering going & making this a family trip, so it could be anywhere from 2-6. Need to price everything out over the next few weeks- does anyone know when game ticket packages will be available?

FYI- I have stayed in RIU properties on other islands. They're usually very nice. Definitely is more of an international crowd (at least on other islands)...RIU is a popular brand in Europe. Note- the pools tend to be pretty active throughout the day (music, water sports, entertainment)- so if that's not your thing, the beach is the place to go (usually where I end up, with a good book- but I digress).

One tip- as an all inclusive, they tend to serve drinks in small cups. Bring a travel mug of some sort- they'll gladly fill it up instead. It usually saves you a couple trips to/from your beach chairs. If you have a really small folding cooler- that's a good way to bring down beer & soft drinks from the room refrigerator to the beach- which your room will be stocked with daily.

Sorry if this is too much information, figured I would share my experiences...

Travel research is underway.

GO ORANGE!

Just had a discussion this past weekend about going. Friend talked to a travel agent who quoted him at around $1,500 all-inclusive at Riu. This did not include game tickets and at this point I'm not quite certain on how to acquire tickets to the game. The travel agent said it does cost money to get into Atlantis, but that fee is waived if you have a game ticket. Hoping to make a decision on this by the end of this week.

Just had a discussion this past weekend about going. Friend talked to a travel agent who quoted him at around $1,500 all-inclusive at Riu. This did not include game tickets and at this point I'm not quite certain on how to acquire tickets to the game. The travel agent said it does cost money to get into Atlantis, but that fee is waived if you have a game ticket. Hoping to make a decision on this by the end of this week.

This is the frustrating part. A trip of this magnitude requires quite a bit of advance planning, but it's so tough without any information about the actual tournament and ticket availability.

I'm basically sitting on my hands until further information comes out regarding that.

Has anyone asked the Orange Club whether there are any plans to make tickets available? Or plans for a package trip? That would seem to be a first step for those concerned about tickets.

Has anyone asked the Orange Club whether there are any plans to make tickets available? Or plans for a package trip? That would seem to be a first step for those concerned about tickets.

I seem to recall receiving an email regarding all-inclusive packages that included tickets, but maybe I'm making that up. I definitely have not seen anything regarding purchasing tickets for the games only.

I seem to recall receiving an email regarding all-inclusive packages that included tickets, but maybe I'm making that up. I definitely have not seen anything regarding purchasing tickets for the games only.

You are, but info will be announced +/- 30 days from now.

We talked to someone at the hardwood club banquet that said she was going to a meeting two weeks from then ... As of a week ago she still didn't have any solid info.

I spoke to someone at the BasketBall and he indicated that packages will be available based on donor level. He also mentioned that they would include hotel, tickets and travel. There will be more to follow on this;I think Bill Orange's timeline looks right.

On the other hand, Mrs Fairfax and I scored a trip for two to the tournament at said BasketBall...We cannot wait to party with everyone...

I spoke to someone at the BasketBall and he indicated that packages will be available based on donor level. He also mentioned that they would include hotel, tickets and travel. There will be more to follow on this;I think Bill Orange's timeline looks right.

On the other hand, Mrs Fairfax and I scored a trip for two to the tournament at said BasketBall...We cannot wait to party with everyone...

If it includes travel in the package, how does that work for out of towners? Will it just include travel from Syracuse?

I just booked everything today including 2 tix for Syracuse games. Rooms were cheapest I've seen them.

Yeah... I was shocked that there was such a huge difference in price between the weekday flights sdown... and the weekend flights back.

But Jet Blue is the original master of time and day pricing.

Ended up doing Mon to Mon. The difference between flight and hotel was a decent amount

I just booked everything today including 2 tix for Syracuse games. Rooms were cheapest I've seen them.

Where are you staying? Where did you get the Cuse tickets?

The beach tower, and coral tower are the closest to the games right?

Anyone receive the email w details yest? We haven't gotten ours yet...have had some issues not getting emails from Orange club in the past.

Anyone receive the email w details yest? We haven't gotten ours yet...have had some issues not getting emails from Orange club in the past.

KIm... I have not received an email (which is surprising because I usually receive duplicate emails from the Orange Club). My best suggestion is that you call the Orange Club phone number in this press release as early as possible on Monday morning... to find out what the deal is. If you have any problems with that, send me an email.

http://cuse.com/news/2015/5/1/MBBAtlantis5115.aspx?path=mbasket#.VUZrUs72Cgx

Anyone get an email or any further info? Over on --- http://syracusefantravel.com there is some pricing for lodging and ticket packages. I have not been able to find any ticket only packages though. I'm still holding out hope I am able to secure tickets to games only. I sent a few emails, we'll have to wait and see. Let me know if anyone finds out anything.

Anyone get an email or any further info? Over on --- http://syracusefantravel.com there is some pricing for lodging and ticket packages. I have not been able to find any ticket only packages though. I'm still holding out hope I am able to secure tickets to games only. I sent a few emails, we'll have to wait and see. Let me know if anyone finds out anything.

I haven't seen an email yet but will post if I do...

We still haven't gotten anything...tried website and it will let me fill out stuff but no place to submit so called and gave all info and then she couldn't book. Frustrating process...have flights so if worse comes to worse I guess I'll go directly through Atlantis

The add to cart button finally appeared on the syracusefantravel.com site late last night...fingers crossed that it actually went through as it's supposed to!

Looks I'm stuck waiting for the public sale for ticket only packages. I hope they don't run out before then. Any $5000+ donors out there who aren't buying tickets, I could use 6 for all our gameshaha

I will be there with my wife and daughter. We will be there for almost a full week. Checking in on the 24th, checking out on Monday the 30th.

Did anyone get a "meal plan" through Atlantis? Is that the way to go? Or is it better to just pay as you go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom